Multiples
Options

Anyone take LO's to Disney before age 2?

We are considering taking our LO's to Disney at about 22 months. Is this a totally crazy idea?

Re: Anyone take LO's to Disney before age 2?

• Options

We are personally waiting until they are older and can really enjoy it more and we can enjoy it more.

22 months is a good age though bc they are so excited about things.

I think you will just get a different experience not necessarily a bad one though.

• Options

DH and I have already discussed this because we LOVE Disney...but ours aren't going until they are at least 4 or 5.  

I want them to possibly remember some and to be able to do many of the really fun stuff they have for younger children.  Plus, with 2, the thought of all the supplies for them and everything else sounds like a nightmare to us.

Also, from where we live, it's a pretty major trip so we're going to wait and just go on smaller vacations until then (the beach, other theme parks, etc.) 

That being said, if you guys want to go and take them - more power to you!  We just know it's not for us that soon!  :)  It IS going to kill me to not go myself before then.   

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We had a family (parents and siblings) Disney trip planned prior to getting pregnant so we're still planning on going with the babies next year :)  IF we were going solely for the kids though, no I would not go until they were older so they could enjoy themselves :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We live in Ca and it would not be a major trip for us to go to Disneyland, but I think we will wait until they are 4 or 5 and can remember and enjoy and do certain things before we go.  We could certainly go earlier but I think that would be more for us parents than them, so I think we will wait and just do smaller trips before then, beach, Tahoe, to our cabin in the snow, to our cabin in the wine country, etc.
  • Options

I think about the same thing sometimes because I want to make sure we go when our oldest still finds it magical, but when the twins are old enough to enjoy it also!  Maybe when the twins are about 4, Hugh is 5, and Sam is 7?  Or maybe one year earlier. I don't know! : )

• Options

We are planning a trip next year with the kids.  However, our older boys are 10  and we have been planning on taking them for a while now.  It has not worked out because my husband was deployed and we wanted to wait for him to be able to come to.  If we just had the LO's then we would definitly wait until they are older but we will just have to go again when the lo's are old enough to remember as well.

Jen

• Options

We are lucky - we live within 1 1/2 hours of Disney, so going there isn't a huge trip in those terms.

We took our first DD when she was 18 months for the first time and she LOVED it. Disney has a lot to do for the younger set - the on-property hotels, Mickey's Toontown, and a lot of the rides are fun even for the little ones.

We are going back this year when the twins will be 18 months and DD will be 3 - we are already on her third trip. If you have the funds and the desire to go I think you will have a great time!

• Options
    DH took dd in april, so she was about 14 months and not walking yet.  i assume she did ok.  yet she is still scared of characters dressed up.  i think 22 months would be a good age to go, since they are still free!  we of course are going to wait to go again when the twins are older now. 
  • Options
    Thank you for all the input ladies!!
  • Options
    We took them twice before age 2 - once at 15 months and once at 22 months.  They loved it both times - at age 15 months, they loved watching the people and went on a few rides, even Pirates.  At 22 months, they could walk around more and play on the interactive stuff.  But we also have the luxury of being 15 minutes away from Disneyland so we can go almost any time.
  • Options
    We love Disney and plan to go every five years or so... we are planning on taking the boys for their birthday when they are 5(it falls during April school vacation) to Disney World, on the Disney cruise when they are 10, and back to Disney World or to Disneyland when they are 15... But we are definitely waiting until they are old enough to get out and walk through the park and enjoy it.  We also want to go during Christmas so maybe when they are 8 or so we will plan to do that. My parents want to take them before they start school... but I am going to make them wait because I want to take them first.. and they are my kids (mine and DHs) so I get to say whether they go or not :) call me selfish if you want... but its an experience I want to have.
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    We have also taken our boys twice before the age of 2.  The first time they were 8 months and the second time they were 20 months.  Both times were great.  At 8 months, they didn't really know who any of the characters were but they still enjoyed all the rides especially buzz lightyear.  This last time they loved pointing to all the characters and calling them by their names.  They loved Winnie the Pooh and we had to go on it 3 times in a row (luckily we had a tour guide and didn't have to wait in line).  I think they will have a great time no matter what age.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"