2nd Trimester

i need to vent (NBR)

My SIL is a total idiot.  A selfish idiot. 

Okay so they couldn't afford baby #1 but tried anyway (immediately after getting married and they were still young enough to wait, like 24 and 26 or soemthing like that).  Then they get in to more debt and live in only a 1 bedroom house with no room but decide to try for #2.  Shortly before baby #2 comes along, she decides she wants to stay at home.  BIL tells her that they can't afford it so she pouts for a while then quits anyway.  Baby #2 comes along, they are down to one income, too many bills... so they stop paying for ALL their bills except their mortgage (and continue to spend money irresponsibly on things like new computers, a 2nd car for a household that only has one driver -- yeah, she's a SAHM that doesn't even drive so BIL has to take her and the kids out on errands after work or on his off days). 

About 6 months later they're about to be sued by all the debt collection agencies so they start paying them and stop paying the mortgage.  They are going to be kicked out of their house after the 1st of the year beause of the foreclosure.  She mentions today that they're going to start trying for a 3rd child soon.  WTF?!?!?!?!

Super idea, right?  Who does this?  Who thinks, "Sure, let's bring another baby into our life and we can all live happily in a cardboard box when we lose our house but at least my selfish wants will be satisfied... until I start wanting silly things like a roof and a warm shower, that is." 

This type of thing drives me nuts.  Like, seriously drives me bonkers.  What's worse is that I can't say a darn thing about it to her.  In the past when I try to call DH's sisters out on their dumb stuff, this is what happens: I say something that makes a lot of sense, they get mad, cry to FIL, FIL and MIL call DH and ask why his wife is being mean to his sisters, everyone is stressed out and mad at me and the enabling of his sisters' crap and lunacy continues.  I really wish DH would call her out on her shtuff... but that usually leads to something like what happens when I try. 

I can't stand stupid, selfish people.  Grrr!

Thank for letting me vent. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers imageimage

Re: i need to vent (NBR)

• Holy Sh** are they irresponsible. ?That is some crazy a$$ crap!
  • That would drive me crazy!  We are actually thinking this may be our only LO because I don't know how we could financially afford two.  Then I have people like my cousin who has 5 kids and lives off welfare!  Christ people I would love to have more kids too but why would I do that if I can't afford it?  Sorry, one of my pet peeves!

• Loading the player...
  • She sounds like a real peach.
  • The good thing? People that selfish and immature never want to live with their 'super mean' (aka responsible and mature) SILs.

Sounds like MIL and FIL will be battling her battles for her until the day they realize they'll soon have 4-5 new permanent houseguests.. Then they'll want to know why no one ever told her how irrational her behavior was.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"