Multiples
Options

Suggestions for recurring poison ivy???

I had a horrible case of poison ivy a little over a month ago (my first EVER) and it seems to have come back in the same places where it was, as well as on my face this time.  I don't remember being around it recently, but I may have been.  Since the dr. will just want to prescribe something I can't take, I don't think I will go that route.  Anyone have any suggestions on getting rid of it?????  Ouch!

Re: Suggestions for recurring poison ivy???

• Options

Hmmm......

My husband gets it pretty bad and is given a shot, which clears it up ASAP; however, like you said, it's most likely something you can't take. I would google it!

Good luck!!!

• Options

the doc isn't going to Rx anything you can't take while pg.  Not sure what you CAN take- but if there is something safe for pg - that's what your doc would choose.

there is this poison ivy lotion that kills the rash by sucking out the oils from your skin. it's OTC -not sure if safe for pg, though. My dH used it and it worked well.

i'd call the doc- it might be something else if it's coming back like that.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had poison ivy right after I found out I was pg. I was miserable. The only thing that worked for me was Zanfel. It is a God-send! It is expensive, but Walgreens does make a generic and my Dr. said it was ok to use. Make sure you rub it in for the full three minutes-- I didn't the first time and the itch came back soon after. I went through a couple of tubes of it, but it helped tremendously. It says it right on the tube that it is safe for pregnant women and children. Good luck! I hope you feel better soon!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I too have used Zanifel... I'd say in my experience it more-so relieves the symptoms, but doesnt do much to speed up the actual healing process.  However, it is the best thing I have found OTC.

I have a very good feeling you won't be able to take anything for it...  Hang in there!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"