Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

How to not worry about the future?

So looks like you ladies are my new BF.lol

None of my close friends are pg nor have they ever been. Also anyone I know who is pg or had a baby never had a mc.

So I may be posting a lot!!

I'm okay with what has happen and just ready to start trying again. We got pg 2nd try with charting. I am healthy and young(26). How the hell do I stop worring of the future...will we have a hard time getting pg this time around, will we mc again. Like all of you I have waited 26 years for this and now I am worried that things are going to be very hard when they should be simple!! Why the hell do they need to wait for a few mc before figuring out if something is wrong? That seems wrong..lol

Okay I'm done..sorry

Re: How to not worry about the future?

• Options

I'm speaking from the other side, and I hope you don't mind me posting.  It was soooo hard for me not to worry after two losses and a year of IF treatments to actually get pg again.  The worry for me never really went away, butI just took it in small chunks.  I just had to get through whatever the next step was in order to feel a little better, but then there was always worry about the next step.

The mantras (someone on TTCAL will have them for you) really did help soooo much in the early days.  I actually printed them out and kept them with me all the time (they are still in my wallet actually). 

I'm so sorry for you loss and I hope that things move forward smoothly for you. 

TTC#1 since Feb 07 with PCOS and mild MFI
    i carry your heart with me(i carry it in my heart) Our first love and loss 7/2/07

3 cycles clomid TI = BFNs
    3 cycles clomid Ovidrel IUI = BFNs
    6/27/08 Surprise BFP = chemical pg
    IVF#1 July 08 BFP @7dp3dt
    TTC #3 since February 2010
    FET Sept. and Oct. 2010=BFN's
    IVF#2 June 2011=BFP

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

What is/are mantras?

Thanks for the post!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    The matras are just 4 or 5 little phrases that you can repeat to yourself when you are nervous or worried and they help calm you down.  They are like a little mini pep talk when you're feeling down.  They were a huge help once I got pregnant.  I can't find them so you might want to post over there and see if someone has them.
    TTC#1 since Feb 07 with PCOS and mild MFI
    i carry your heart with me(i carry it in my heart) Our first love and loss 7/2/07

3 cycles clomid TI = BFNs
    3 cycles clomid Ovidrel IUI = BFNs
    6/27/08 Surprise BFP = chemical pg
    IVF#1 July 08 BFP @7dp3dt
    TTC #3 since February 2010
    FET Sept. and Oct. 2010=BFN's
    IVF#2 June 2011=BFP

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    it is really hard to get past being scared to try again, I don't think you ever will actually, but it will get a little easier with time.  I hope that you can find your happy medium that you need. hugs
    DD(9)DD(5.5)DS(3)DS(born 2/1/11) July 2006, lost a baby at 8 weeks, natural miscarriage , May 2009 lost Zoe Eliana at 17 weeks no reason known, possible under developed organs. Lost two more babies in September 2009 at 7 wks 4 days. Had myomectomy surgery to remove a large fibroid in November 2009.
  • Options

I'm still asking that question myself. I had a simple and smooth 1st pregnancy. It took 1 month to get pregnant, and other than the negative home pregnancy tests, I was blessed. (I had to see my  dr. and have blood work drawn to get a positive). I have a 2 year old little girl that lights up my life!  My 2nd pregnancy began simple, pregnant first month, positive pregnancy test w/in 30 seconds of touching the stick to urine!....but it ended as a blighted ovum, and it was devastating. I'm also young..27...and still worried sick that something will go wrong. I've been terrified of ttc again b/c of already worrying about having something else go wrong. Actually, as I sit here reading posts tonight, I'm debating taking a pregnancy test. I'm a couple days late, and could be pregnant, but I'm too scared to test. I'm afraid of being upset if I'm not pregnant, and scared of what will happen if I am.

I guess I'm not much help in this category...but I'm here for support. I don't know anyone who has had a miscarriage either.

I wish you the best w/ ttc.

• Options
    Hey, its Kelly from the RI board, Im so sorry for your loss. I can totally relate. Ive had two m/c Ive been TTC since 2/07 and doing IF treatments since 3/08.....I have 2 failed IVFs. We are on a unmedicated break right now. I worry all the time. Im 33 DHs 36...but what keeps me going is that I know I can get pregnant. I am unexplained infertility with a clotting disorder (MTHFR). I know it will happen someday. Just have to find that one good egg. It sucks month after month after month...espically seeing all these other RI nesties getting BFP. Dont get me wrong I have sooo happy for them all but I often wonder why not me. If you wanna email me you can. nugget322 at hotmail dot com   good luck and dont give up!!!
    2011 Race Schedule! 2/20/11-Flat 5k Foxboro-28:10 3/5/11-Irish 5k Pawtucket-26:57 PR!!!! 3/19/11-St.Pats 5k Providence-26:59 7/4/11-Harvard Pilgrim 10k Foxboro-1:00:00 Instant PR!! 8/7/11-Rock-n-Roll 1/2 Marathon Providence-2:11:07 Instant PR! 10/10/11-Tufts 10k for Women Boston-????
  • Options
    Right now I'm an anxious mess about everything it seems.  I think we just need to take it day by day or even minute by minute.  Hopefully all our baby dreams will come true some day soon!
  • Options

I don't think I will ever have a peaceful pg unfortunately and that is sad.  I was pg 3 years ago and had a missed m/c at 11w5d.  I thought that was bad enough.

This past pg once we got past the 12w appt and then the 20w anatomy scan I relaxed a little.  I was still worried b/c in the back of my head, I knew things could go wrong.  Wow was I right about that. 

My only positive thoughts is that my dr will never let me go to 41w again and the chances of how things went wrong, hopefully will not happen again.  I hope they would schedule a c-sec at 38 or 39 weeks.

I'm scared to death to be pg again but in the same breath can't wait to be pg again.

BFP #1 5/10/06 ...m/mc @11.5w 6/29/06 D&C 6/30/06
    BFP #2 10/29/08 ...stillborn via c/s @41w 7/20/09
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    missing my baby everyday
    BFP #3 1/20/10 My angel's little sister Grace Madison was born September 8th 2010 @37w. We're so blessed! Thank you angel for getting her here safely.
    BFP #4 12/30/11. Jackson Christopher 8/22/2012 via repeat c/s @ 37w 3d
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"