Parenting
Options

Did you pick out your engagement/wedding ring?

Saw a clip from bridezilla's where the bride to be is going off on the groom to be for the wedding band he picked out...got me curious, was yours a surprise?

Re: Did you pick out your engagement/wedding ring?

• Options
    DH picked out the engagement ring, but I picked out the band when the time came.
  • Options
    REOMREOM member
    Yes, mine was a surprise. It is beautiful, and I love that my H picked it out himself. I would have picked a simple solitare, but he went all out. Love it.
    DD1 12.18.06 DD2 9.18.08 DD3 EDD 5.10.2012 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We were traditional. He picked out the engagement ring and we both picked out the wedding bands (to match).

• Options
    I have 2 engagement rings (one I wear as a right hand ring now) and  I picked them both, as well as my wedding ring.
  • Options
    I provided input no the engagement ring (i.e. specifics such as carat weight, type of metal, stone shape, etc), but he picked it out. However, I did pick out my wedding band. No surprise there.
    ~Erica, Mommy to Peyton 9/06 & Cullen 9/09
  • Options
    He picked out the engagement ring, but we picked out both of our wedding rings together.
    Annelise 3.22.2007 Norah 10.24.2009 Amelia 8.7.2011
  • Options
    DH picked out my engagement ring (he had a general idea of what I liked). We picked out both of our wedding bands together.
  • Options
    dpdwdpdw member

imageaprilmomtobe:
    DH picked out the engagement ring, but I picked out the band when the time came.

Ditto.

• Options
    I sent him pictures of rings that I liked and he took all of that input and designed one himself.  I love that it is absolutely one-of-a-kind!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

He picked out my e-ring.  I picked out the band.

I love bridezillas.

Kill all my demons and my angels might die too. -Tennessee Williams

You take my ovaries, I take your yarns.
  • Options

imageGoose51504:
    I provided input no the engagement ring (i.e. specifics such as carat weight, type of metal, stone shape, etc), but he picked it out. However, I did pick out my wedding band. No surprise there.

Ditto!  I want a new wedding band though.  UPGRADE UPGRADE.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I chose my own engagement ring and wedding bands.  He chose his.  I wasn't a bridezilla, though!
  • Options

DH picked it out.  I don't think it was a secret what I liked, but I was surprised he proposed as quickly as he did, so the ring was totally impressive.

That said, the ring he proposed with was the diamond (his family's jeweler already had it set in a FUGLY yellow gold band, and since DH was air force, and was spending 3 out of every 4 weeks in the middle east, he didn't have the flexibility of time to get it reset....the band he proposed with was NOT what we kept.

I loved what he chose, and what i had two weeks later, though.

I still haven't found a wedding band (and am on my 2nd) that I love with the setting, though...

• Options
    imageeclaires:

imageGoose51504:

I'm fine with both my band and e-ring (e-ring was actually upgraded 3 years ago). However, I just want more diamonds...period. LOL

• Options
    herohero member
    I picked out my own ring and the stone that is set in it. He picked out his own band. We have completely different taste in jewelry.
    <Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers>
  • Options
    imageGoose51504:
    imageeclaires:

imageGoose51504:

I'm fine with both my band and e-ring (e-ring was actually upgraded 3 years ago). However, I just want more diamonds...period. LOL

I'm cool with my e-ring, but I don't love my wedding band (mostly the style).  I want it changed and bigger diamonds.  I am pro-diamond though so I wouldn't mind more diamonds.  I already told Jeff to start saving for my 30th.  I want a fat sapphire ring.  Like 5 carats or something.  I mean it's a sapphire, they're cheaper than diamonds, right?  LOL.

• Options
    imageeclaires:

imageGoose51504:

ditto all of that!

• Options
    DH wanted the proposal to be a surprise, so he didn't seek any input from me and bought the diamond himself and had it put in a temp setting to propose.  Then I picked out the actual setting (which is super plain).  We picked out our wedding rings together.
  • Options
    imageeclaires:
    imageGoose51504:
    imageeclaires:

imageGoose51504:

I'm cool with my e-ring, but I don't love my wedding band (mostly the style).  I want it changed and bigger diamonds.  I am pro-diamond though so I wouldn't mind more diamonds.  I already told Jeff to start saving for my 30th.  I want a fat sapphire ring.  Like 5 carats or something.  I mean it's a sapphire, they're cheaper than diamonds, right?  LOL.

Exactly. Now that I think about it, I want bigger diamonds in my wedding band, too. Big Smile I have a three carat eternity band, but I'm thinking something a la Jessica Simpson, when she was married to Nick Lachey.

And, ditto the sapphire. I pray, pray, pray (for many reasons) that Cullen doesn't arrive until September. However, I selfishly want both of kids to have sapphire birth stones. That way, DH will have no choice but to buy me the biggest sapphire he can find. And, natch, it will be set with some sort of diamonds.

• Options
    H picked out the original engagement ring, but the diamond wouldn't stay secure in the setting so we designed a new one together.  We designed our bands together as well.
  • Options
    total surprise...but I have 9 other fingers that could use rings (and ears and wrists and a neck)....so I'm cool with my ring (well, I love it anyways.)
  • Options
    EXL311EXL311 member
    I picked both and I'm glad I did.
    Dee Dee DS Elijah Xin 3/11/05 DD Evangeline Mei 8/24/06
  • Options

Long story but, yes, I picked it. I wear one ring (never had an engagement ring as well as a wedding ring).

• Options

I picked it out.  I'm not good with surprises.

• Options
    I didn't have an engagement ring, but I picked out my wedding ring.
  • Options

I'm cheapy mccheappants.  DH had proposed with no ring.  And I didn't want an expensive ring.  So I picked out a ring I liked at JCPenneys while I was working there and got my discount, lol.

We each picked out our own wedding bands there and got my discount too.  But DH is on his 2nd band as the first one flew off his hand while we were playing volleyball in the pool one year and we never found it.

My rings are small and cheap but I love them.  Sounds really tacky but its how I roll, lol.

Diagnosed with PCOS June 2004 Abby born 2/2007 and Ally 3/2009 imagehttp://Life In Sublurbia.blogspot.com
  • Options
    For the e-ring I picked the setting then DH picked the stone.  I picked my own wedding band.  I knew DH would not choose a ring that was my style and I was right... he thought it should be fancier whereas I'm a total minimalist when it comes to fashion and wanted a very simple solitaire.  He would have chosen something like his sister's with his mother and sisters help and their style is sooooo different from mine.  He always says he's thankful I didn't want to be surprised because of that.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"