Blended Families

Non-BF but I need to vent

I love my Mom and we are super close but she just royaly pissed me off and I am pretty sure she knows it b/c of my voice and demeanor on the phone.  We are having DDs Baptism on Sunday at our house - the first party of 30+ people we have ever had. 

A few days ago my brother asked me if I needed my Mom on Saturday b/c he might ask her to watch my neices, age 10 and 8, and I said no I do not need her.  I told my Mom he was probably going to ask (he seems to ask whenever his wife works so that he can go fishing and it is super annoying but unrelated to this post) and my Mom said she was getting her hair done and would tell him no b/c she was busy in the morning.  Then she asked me if we needed her to come over on Saturday and I told her it would help a ton b/c she could play with DS while we did things (between taking care of DD b/c she will not go to anyone.)  Well, I just called my Mom and my neices are at my house.  She is going to bring them to her hair appointment.  I told her not to bring them here b/c we have a ton to do and it would be 2 more people for me to worry about and feed, etc when we will be super busy.  Yeah DS would love seeing them but they are a lot of work and we would have to entertain them some and it would be impossible tomorrow.  She was going to bring them here and then have my brother pick them up from here - um, no that is not working b/c he will come whenever he wants and that will likely be closer to dinner!  I am annoyed that she was going to come to help!  I know my brother mentioned it to me before I made plans with my Mom but she said she was busy in the morning and was available around lunch!  So much for help

Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08

Re: Non-BF but I need to vent

• Couldn't your mom pick DS up and take him and your neices out for the day?  The park, chucky cheese anywhere as long as they are out of your house.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I wish but my Mom is 74 and while I know she loves DS more than anything and tries to take care of him and wants to babysit, she really is just not capable of having him like that.  Oh, well, it is what it is.  DH and DS are grocery shopping for last minute stuff right now and DD just fell asleep.  I am off to do work!

Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"