Nurseries and Baby Gear

Migi Alphabet walls Q

We are doing Migi Alphabet (https://www.bananafishinc.com/prodpg.php?product_id=1182) and are thinking of doing a brown bottom of the wall (close to the one in the pic) with a white stripe in the middle and either the yellow or light green in the bedding on the top of the wall. ?Which do you think would look more neutral? I am worried that the green will be too boyish with the blue trim around the bedding. ?Thanks ladies!
Baby Boy born still on March 10, 2008 at 21 wks 2 days : ( Finley Alyse born October 11, 2009 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Declan Jonathan born October 16, 2011 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Migi Alphabet walls Q

• i love this!!! was it super expensive??.. because everything i like, is like $450
  • oooh this is my bedding too! for a neutral nursery and i was debating the same thing.

We're not doing the brown bottom bc my furniture is dark but i was thinking either a buttery creamy yellow or the green thats in the bedding.  I think im going to go with the buttery yellow, and do the green in some accessories. But im still not 100% sure. I too am afriad to make it look very boyish bc of the blue. I thought the yellow would be easier to add either boy or girl accessories in the future.

Im not sure if that helps much?? but its whats going on in my head right now too! lol

• Loading the player...
  • imagemanadalane:
    i love this!!! was it super expensive??.. because everything i like, is like $450

Oh and its not expensive at all! Its online for around $160-$180 depending where you look. I found it in a local baby furniture store for $130! Definitely affordable for 4 pieces.

• imagemanadalane:
    i love this!!! was it super expensive??.. because everything i like, is like $450

Not at all, the bedding (quilt, sheet, dust ruffle and something else-I think) were under $200.  The accessories are all under $50 each too...there aren't a ton of accessories though, only valance, blanket, and mobile....maybe one other thing that I can't think of.

Check out the babysupermall.com, they have free shipping on orders over $100.  Good luck!

Baby Boy born still on March 10, 2008 at 21 wks 2 days : ( Finley Alyse born October 11, 2009 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Declan Jonathan born October 16, 2011 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagebabymama_bryn:

oooh this is my bedding too! for a neutral nursery and i was debating the same thing.

We're not doing the brown bottom bc my furniture is dark but i was thinking either a buttery creamy yellow or the green thats in the bedding.  I think im going to go with the buttery yellow, and do the green in some accessories. But im still not 100% sure. I too am afriad to make it look very boyish bc of the blue. I thought the yellow would be easier to add either boy or girl accessories in the future.

Im not sure if that helps much?? but its whats going on in my head right now too! lol

My neighbor came over last night to assess the situation and I think that we may embrace the aqua blue and use that along with the yellow. OR maybe the grey on the bottom with the yellow or lighter green on top....so hard to decide!!  Then if it is a girl we will get a girly wall decal.  I am seeing a friend tonight that is an interior designer so she should have some good advice for me.  GL to you!  Once I get it done I will post some pics. 

• I personally like the color scheme that is in the photo online- the grey & blue... I don't think the green & blue would be too boyish though. 

We did a solid neutral wall, I'm not much into all the different colors on the walls & wanted to bring colors in through accessories but I know someone on here did 3 diff colors & posted a pic a week or so ago & it looked really cute!!! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"