Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

How did you know or will you know you're ready for #2

We had always planned on trying again at her 1st birthday. It is creeping closer and closer.

Re: #2

• Options
    Same with us...we want him to be 1.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I've always wanted our first 2 to be 2-3 years apart in age. However, due to some complications during delivery I can't have anymore children. So, with the adoption process being what it is we might start TTA when she is 18 months.  But I wish so desperately that we could just start TTC again and it would be as easy as that. Just like with our LO we just had to go for it cause we weren't sure we'd ever be truly ready.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We were planning for Sept but then found out our friends are getting married in February in Jamaica and I don't want to be knocked up during an all inclusive vacation that I can't take my baby on!! 

So, Feb or maybe even while were on vacation! LOL

• Options
    We want her to be at least one before we get pregnant again.  Also, I am in a wedding the end of May and it is important that I can actually be IN the wedding.  We haven't really gotten that "baby fever" just yet because Brooke is still our baby, but maybe when she becomes a toddler it will change.
  • Options

A law degree! lol. I'm happy about it. I'm ready to spend a bunch of time with DS and get my body in shape before another one. I wasn't where I wanted to be physically for the first one. So, I'm going to get on BC and quit a little before DH is done with law school.

It should be interesting actually trying to get pregnant!Wink

• Options
    I figure I have to be ready and willing to 1) forgo sleep 2) be pregnant 3) nurse for a year. So far I'm not ready for any of this. I'm hoping I'll be ready by DD's second bday.
  • Options

imagekrestel50704:
    I've always wanted our first 2 to be 2-3 years apart in age. However, due to some complications during delivery I can't have anymore children. So, with the adoption process being what it is we might start TTA when she is 18 months.  But I wish so desperately that we could just start TTC again and it would be as easy as that. Just like with our LO we just had to go for it cause we weren't sure we'd ever be truly ready.

I am so sorry about that.

• Options
    For us, it was easy to work backwards- we knew we DIDNT want them closer than about 2.5 years apart. Once we started approaching the time frame of a 2.5 year gap, we discussed it again to see if we were both on the same page (we were). I got pg the first month TTC, so the kids are the closest in age that we wanted. It's a good spacing for us, so we're glad!
  • Options
    We were ready a while ago...had a M/C at 10 weeks recently.  Can't wait to start trying again.  we both knew we wanted all our kids close together.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    originally, DH wanted to start TTC when DS turned 1. I wanted to wait until he was closer to 2. Recently, DH had a change of heart, so we will wait a little longer. I've EBF up to this point, and I'm ready to have my body back to myself for just a little while before getting pregnant again. I figure that my body has been functioning for someone else for almost 2 years, so I need a break. Plus-- I am really enjoying my time with DS right now. Oh, and I've been warned by my mom friends that you really don't want two in diapers at the same time!! hahaha.
  • Options

We want to be done having kids by the time we're 30 and we want a few more so we figured we better get cracking! This pregnancy was a little bit of a surprise since we weren't going to really start trying until February and I got pregnant in December.

Now after this pregnancy I'm not sure if I ever want to pregnant again so we'll see. We're going to start looking in to adoption in a few years- if we decide to not have any more biological children we might look for a set of siblings.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"