Northern California Babies

Working moms...

What made you decide to go back to work - finances/passion for career/not wanting to SAH?

If you could have it your way would you be working full time/part time/SAH?

Re: Working moms...

• Finances were the primary reason. Need to work is another. I've always said that even if I was a millionaire, I'd still have a job (outside the home). I need it to stay sane.

If money was not an issue, I would be a part-time worker, but I'd work with charities and foundations.

• Finances mainly. We don't like living paycheck to paycheck and having 2 incomes, we allow ourselves to keep on doing what we like without having to penny pinch.

I don't think I could ever be a SAHM because I like the human interaction and when I'm at work, it gives me a break from the sanity of having to juggle being a wife, mom, and f/t employee.
  • Loading the player...
  • Finances. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Number 1 reason for me: I cannot be a stay at home mom. I would love to be someone who could be, but I can't. I love to get out of the house and come have adult conversation. I have tried being a live-in nanny. While it was the best job I have ever had, and it was also the hardest. I went crazy and know I would go crazy again if I tried.

Number 2: Finances. DH & I can live on just his income, it would mean no vacations, no shopping sprees, etc. We would live paycheck to paycheck. My income allows for fun stuff as well as security.

Number 3: I want Emmalee to learn to interact with other children on a regular basis, not just on days we go to the park or go out with friends. I want her to have the daycare & preschool experience.

• Finances, benefits, and job security.  I also don't know if I could handle being home all the time.
  • Oh, and if my job allowed me to, I would work 4 days a week with one day off. I have even offered it several times due to the economy and they have not taken me up on the offer.
  • Finances. If money wasn't an issue, however, I think I'd still like to work part-time...and have a mother's helper for an hour or two on my days off so I could still have some honest-to-goodness me-time. Ahhh to dream. :-)

• I work because I have to in order for our family to have a home, and food and health insurance.  I am currently our family's main bread winner and I have carried our very important and very generous health benefits since we got married.
  • Finances and career.  I thought about going PT, but as a teacher I get time off in the summer and have a very nice work calendar. 

• finances as dh is self employed and we need one steady paycheck in the house. there is no way i could be a sahm ... i watched what happened to my mom and the toll it took on her relationship w/ my dad and that just is not for me.  i joke that even if dh & i won the lottery i'd still work albeit part-time just b/c i enjoy working.

if we could swing it .. i wouldn't mind working part-time the days dh would be home w/ dd (m-t).

Love - a wildly misunderstood although highly desirable malfunction of the heart which weakens the brain, causes the eyes to sparkle, cheeks to glow, blood pressure to rise and the lips to pucker - Author Unknown

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Finances require that we both work.  Also, I realized during my maternity leave that I couldn't be a SAHM, I wouldn't be happy & therefore neither would Nick or DH.

• Finances played the most important role, but it's crucial to me, my marriage and me being the best mom I can be that I have a focus outside of my family.

In an ideal world - one that I'm hoping I can get to within the next year or so - I would work in my current job part time, run my business on the side and be able to be flexible with Sabrina. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Finances and benefits.  I'd love to be a SAHM but it just isn't in the cards for me.

• I had to go back because of financial reasons. If I could have it my way I would be a SAHM, heck if I could have it my way I would have been a SAHW. I'm not sure if I just don't want to work or need a massive break from the job from hell!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"