Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

? about video monitors

DH and I are looking at video monitors now that we have another LO on the way and we will be moving DS into a twin bed (they will be sharing a room). We live in NYC, so of course there are apartments all around us, and there are a lot of babies on our block. I've seen that the Summer video monitor can have interference- has anyone experienced this? Does anyone have a digital video monitor that they would recommend?

Re: ? about video monitors

• Options
    We have the summer video monitor & love it. The interferance is so minimal.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We dont have interference but when we first got it, we could see another baby on channel A!!! Which really freaked me out b/c that means someone could see my baby, right? They wouldnt know where she is but still freaky! Anyways, we have to use channel B b/c of it!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We got the new Summer digital "Best View" monitor with two cameras.  Works great so far!
  • Options
    Tash13Tash13 member
    We have the Summer and have never had a problem with interference.  My sister has mass amounts of wireless and digital things in her home and only gets feedback if it's right next to the computer but hers is about 3 years old.  I highly recommend it.
  • Options
    Tash13Tash13 member
    Oh, and we used ours in a hotel and the service went about 8 rooms down with no interference... i wouldn't worry.
  • Options

We have the summer and I do love it, but my neighbor down the street also has one as well as the lady across the street from her and they have both complained of interference from one another's monitors.  That surprised me because it's not like our streets are that small...it's a big gap of space that they are still experiencing the interference through.

Good news is summer has a 30 day refund policy!!  We're getting a second camera for baby #2's room and they said we could return it with in 30 days (keep the receipt and original packaging ) if we had any problems with the two cameras interfering with one another (but as long as they are on different channels, guy told me it should not be an issue).  

• Options

imageCrystalDaun:
    We have the summer video monitor & love it. The interferance is so minimal.

this.

• Options
    We have the Summer "Best View", and it's digital.  We haven't had a problem with interference like we did with our old monitor.  I think it's a great monitor.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"