Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Would you donate your eggs?

I was thumbing through a parenting mag and it had a add asking for egg doners who are between 21-32/35 ( Forgot the cut off), non-smoker, in good health etc.... $5000

I asked Dh what he thought and he is no, then he started doing the math and was like well if you donated x eggs for x months our student loans would be paid. Then he came back around to, no he does not think he would be ok letting me do something like that.

I do not really know all the details about this stuff or what all goes in to it but personally I dont think i would be able to do it. ?

Photobucket

Re: Would you donate your eggs?

• Options
    no i dont think so. i would think about my eggs made to babies one day..
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I wouldn't do it
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I don't think I could do that either.  I'm not really comfortable with going through medical procedures for $$.

Now, if my sis needed a surrogate...that would probably be another story.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I don't think I could do that.

• Options
    I don't think I could do it. It would drive me nuts wondering if those eggs turned into babies, and what they were doing and what they looked like, etc.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I couldn't do it. 
  • Options

I have a close friend who conceived her little girl thru a donor egg. She went thru premature menopause at around 18 and could not have her own children. I am not sure I would do it for $$ but I would consider doing it for a friend. If I went thru IVF and had extra eggs or embryos & was done with my family I would donate them before letting them go to waste for sure.

• Options
    I don't think I could do it - knowing that a baby was out there that was part me and not being able to raise/see them would kill me.
  • Options

Nope. I don't like the idea of a part of me being out there without me being involved in his/her life. If a very close friend or relative was in need, I *might* be willing, assuming I was a candidate, but I could never donate to strangers.?

DH isn't "allowed" to donate sperm for the same reason. ?

Contemplating the snow.
    Mes Petit Choux
    imageimageimage
    I can't go back to yesterday - because I was a different person then. ~ Alice

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I would do it for family or strangers. I look at donating an egg the same way I look at donating blood or marrow, etc. It's not a baby until it meets it's counterpart, and it's not my baby unless I grow it and raise it. The only difference to me is that usually the recipient needs the blood/marrow etc to live while not being able to have a baby is sad but not life threatening. The money is compensation for my time and the inconvenience of the procedure.
  • Options
    I would. My husband won't let me  but I think it could be a good thing to help women who can't have babies on their own. Plus just because it's my genetic material in that egg doesn't make it my baby. It the woman who carried it and nurtured it's baby. I know I the minority in this thinking and that is fine but please don't flame.
  • Options

imageChristieAnne:
    I would do it for family or strangers. I look at donating an egg the same way I look at donating blood or marrow, etc. It's not a baby until it meets it's counterpart, and it's not my baby unless I grow it and raise it. The only difference to me is that usually the recipient needs the blood/marrow etc to live while?not?being able to have?a baby is sad but not life threatening.?The money is compensation for my time and the inconvenience of the procedure.

This?

photo cec1e248-7430-4475-9668-04578f2fd00a.jpg 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    yes, but only to people I don't know.
  • Options
    Yes, but only after I am done having kids.  Out of curiosity a while ago I was reading up on it.  Because they have to retrieve the eggs (and they take multiple eggs at one time) from your ovaries, it can leave scarring and possibly* impair your own fertility...also they ask that you remain celibate during the month they retrieve the egg to make sure you don't accidentally conceive.  Well I couldn't do that to my DH.  After having our own kids, I might consider it.  I think it would be way cool to be able to help someone conceive a healthy child!  Oh and I think they have to match you up before they will do the retrieval...unlike with men.
  • Options
    Yes, in fact I plan to. I have talked with my fertility Dr. about doing this. Its the only way I can think of to finance baby #2 without going into debt. Dh nor I have a problem with it (although it is def not a plesant experience and you earn every penny!)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"