Baby Showers
Options

Location ideas?

I am planning a shower for my SIL and she lives in a different city than I do...any suggestions on how to find a location?  I have thought about restaurant banquet rooms, but other than that I am stumped. 

thanks!

angelle

Re: Location ideas?

• Options
    If she or anyone close to her live in an community with it's own community building/club house that might be a good spot to check out. 
  • Options
    imageagautr9:

I am planning a shower for my SIL and she lives in a different city than I do...any suggestions on how to find a location?  I have thought about restaurant banquet rooms, but other than that I am stumped. 

thanks!

angelle

I think this sounds like a good idea, especially since you're in another city.  You won't have to worry so much about decorations, finding food, and things like that.  We're having my sister's shower at a historic inn in our area, which also happens to have a pretty restaurant.  They are putting together a limited menu for us, so guests will have their choice of three main courses.  I'm not sure what we're doing about appetizers and desserts yet, but the location is so pretty that not many decorations will be necessary.  Any decor will be on the tables and with the favors.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Town halls or maybe churchs.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

My sister booked my shower at a Marina Clubhouse - this way she can bring the food instead of purchasing food like at a restaurant.  It can get pricey.

Just an idea.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I would ask your SIL if she has a place in mind or that she could recommend.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP#1 on 02/14/09 BIRTH to Mason 6lb9oz on 10/12/09

BFP#2 on 5/28/11 EDD 2/1/12 Natural M/C on 6/13/11

BFP#3 on 1/20/12 EDD 9/30/12 Natural m/c on 1/27/12

BFP#4 on 4/23/12 BIRTH to Isabella 7lb1oz on 12/19/12

• Options
    I agree with pp. Maybe she or a friend of hers has an idea of where she would want to have it at and you could also check out places and ask if she has been to the spot before and if she liked it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"