3rd Trimester
Options

Alternative vaccinations poll

If you are delaying/refusing any vax for your LO, which are they and why did you choose to do so? 

Re: Alternative vaccinations poll

• Options
    We want ours spread out rather than LO getting 6 shots in one visit. We really don't think it is necessary or beneficial for LO to receive 6 shots at once.
  • Options
    We are delaying.  If you would like more information you are welcome to PM me :)
    my blog: mama quiere beso
    Joaquin's hospital and Isela's birth center med & intervention free "hypnobabies" birth stories
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I just bought the Vaccine Book by Dr. Sears today actually but still have more to read..

So far from what I've read and other research I know for sure that we are not doing Hep B at birth but delaying it till older. I also do not plan on doing flu vaccines or chickenpox. But the other ones I need to look into more. 

I definetely think some of the vaccines are great and we plan to vaccinate against the more serious & common diseases but if it's not really needed, then I don't see the point of putting things like fetal tissue, cow blood & aluminum in my child. 

And I'm not putting my child in daycare, plus I'm breastfeeding so that helps with risk factors... 

Loss #1 2008, Loss #2 2010, Loss #3 2011, Loss #4 2012, Loss #5 2012
    Loss #6 2014 Loss #7 (chemical) 2014

~DS Born! 2009~
    ~DD Born! 2013~
    ~DD due! 2015~

• Options
    After reading up on the topic I am against delaying the vaccinations.  I also have a lot of doctor friends and they all vaccinated their own kids on the regular schedule.  I don't understand why the baby needs Hep B at the hospital right after birth so I am doing a little more research on that.
  • Options

We are just going to spread them out.  My friend suggested the Dr Sears schedule so I'm going to look at that/

With my DD I didn't do Rotovirus (I'm SAHM and even my pedi suggested it mostly for daycare), and when it came to MMR we delayed that since it was summer and not really going around.  This time around I will delay more but just spread them out a little more.

• Options
    I am planning to use the Dr Sear schedule.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Our area has had an outbreak of pertussis in the last few years (I even had it as a baby). We'll go with whatever the ped. recommends!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageLeperfish2:
    Our area has had an outbreak of pertussis in the last few years (I even had it as a baby). We'll go with whatever the ped. recommends!

...and you survived!

my blog: mama quiere beso
    Joaquin's hospital and Isela's birth center med & intervention free "hypnobabies" birth stories
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"