Eco-Friendly Family
Options

Confession:

When I decided to learn to knit, I didn't think I'd actually succeed or be good at it in any way.  I figured I would get bored with every project before I finished, and that what I did complete would have a thank-the-Lord-it's-done feeling.

I failed at tatting.

Crochet is alright, but it's tiresome.

As I work on my 7th project since I learned 7 months ago, I keep smiling and thinking about how much I enjoy this.  And how much better and better my projects are turning out.

I'm so glad you all made me want to learn.

:::gives knitting nesties hugs:::

Thank you.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Confession:

• Options

Yay for knitting!!  I love it!!!

PS- I could knit while living in a tree house.  Just FYI.  (I'm still watching SFR!)  :)

After 3 1/2 years of hope and prayers, our sweet baby girl is here! Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Where did you learn to knit?  Did you take a class?  I think I would love learning, but I do not have access to a friend who knits to learn.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagehav2run:
    Where did you learn to knit?  Did you take a class?  I think I would love learning, but I do not have access to a friend who knits to learn.

I got a copy of Stich n Biitch, joined Ravelry, watched videos on knittinghelp.com, and had help from fellow nesties.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I read an article in Martha Stewart Living a few years ago about knitting.  It had some instructions and a few pictures, so I thought I'd give it a try!  It's so much fun!!  Give it a shot!!
    After 3 1/2 years of hope and prayers, our sweet baby girl is here! Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Knitting can be frustrating to learn, but once you do, it's so worth it.  I love that I can work on something that I don't even need to look at while I'm watching TV or even reading or I can do something that requires all of my attention.  Both are relaxing and rewarding in their own way.

I'm so glad you've taken it up!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"