Breastfeeding

Breast pump cleaning

Please recommend how you clean your breast pump parts. Which soap do you use? I have been running the parts under real hot water and sterilize them in Dr.Brown's sterlizer each night. I am not sure if I am doing it right. Please recommend. 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Breast pump cleaning

• I clean daily with hot water and dish soap.  I sterilize about twice a week with the Medela steam bags, but daily sterilize when we have thrush.
  • imageSoonerMagicMama:
    I clean daily with hot water and dish soap.  I sterilize about twice a week with the Medela steam bags.

This.  We just use regular dish soap (I think Dawn).

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I wash after every use with dish soap and hot water.

I sterilized it when I first bought it, but haven't since. Embarrassed

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have a big plastic mixing bowl and I fill it with hot water and regular dish soap. I throw everything in there to soak for a minute and then I clean and rinse each part.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagevtkendra:
    I have a big plastic mixing bowl and I fill it with hot water and regular dish soap. I throw everything in there to soak for a minute and then I clean and rinse each part.

I've been handwashing each item with warm soapy water, but I like this idea much better!

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I hand wash in hot soapy water with Dawn after every use. I put them through the dishwasher in a wash basket along with bottle nipples about once a week on a high temp/sani rinse cycle. I sterilize in the microwave about once a month.
  • i just hand wash with hot soapy water and air dry. i've sterilized maybe twice.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageBrendaK:

I wash after every use with dish soap and hot water.

I sterilized it when I first bought it, but haven't since. Embarrassed

This.  I have one of those basins like they give you in the hospital, and I fill it with scalding hot water and dish soap, and put my parts in it to soak.  I leave them until the water is a comfortable temp to put my hands in, then hand wash them. I clean my bottles the same way.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"