Babies on the Brain
Options

Hi

My name is Jaime and I just wanted to introduce myself.  I am going to marry the love of my life in 6 weeks.  I am 28 and he is 29 and we don't plan on waiting to TTC.  I have PCOS.  I went off BC in January and have only had 2 periods since.  I had one right after I went off BC and then one other 2 months ago after taking Provera to induce one as per doctor's orders.  Two weeks ago I went to the gyno due to ovary pain and sure enough I had 3 cysts (follice cysts) on my right ovary.  We discuss my options with doctor of how to control cysts, going back on BC came up.  I told her I don't want to because I was hoping to get a regular period before TTC.  She told me I should not wait long to start trying because most likely i will take awhile for me too get pregnant.  I have knew this since I was diagnosed with PCOS at 15 but now that I am about to get married and looking forward to getting pregnant, it was a major blow.  Also, in the last 1.5 years I have gained about 35 pounds due to PCOS.  I am really upset and want to start trying right away but I am scared because I don't know that I want to get pregnant right away but I also don't want to wait too long in case it does take awhile to get pregnant.  I feel a bit defeated by being told it probably will take awhile to get pregnant. Basically my quesstion

Re: Hi

• Options
    sorry it posted before I was done.  My question is whether anyone else has been told it will take awhile and whether you started trying right away or not
  • Options

It may take you longer due to your PCOS, but it is possible.

Are you on any medication for your PCOS?  Visit www.soulcysters.org.  It's a fantastic site with loads of information.

I have PCOS and was on Metformin to help with regulating my cycle when we were TTC. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Sorry to hear it sounds like a long road ahead of you.  I've not been told it will take a while but due to infertility problems in my family I know there is a clock ticking against me.  Just be proactive (which it sounds like you are being) and hang in there!

Welcome and GL!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I don't know much about pcos, but I have had some long, wacky cycles coming off BCP (in January).  Good luck to you!

• Options
    It might take a while, it might not. A perfectly healthy couple can take up to a year to conceive. Good luck!
    Blank!
  • Options
    Emie28Emie28 member

Everyone is different. I have PCOS  and have very long irregular cycles. We started ttc right after we got married. That was almost two years ago and I'm still not pregnant.

But again, everyone is different. You should make sure you are actually ready for a child b/c it is possible you could get pregnant quickly.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    First off sorry about the grammer and spelling errors, my fingers get ahead of me some times when typing.  I am on Metformin 100 mg and have been for 2 months to try and regulate, so far not period but maybe it takes longer than 2 months to actually get a regular period.  Also, we are ready for a child as far as finances and emotionally.  We own a house and we both want children as soon as we can.  I just would like to lose a few pounds before pregnancy to eliminate any issues such as pre eclampsia and such.  I just had a full physical and blood work done and everything came back great as far as cholesterol, liver, blood pressure and such but I have never been this heavy and don't want to risk putting a baby in harms way due to carrying extra weight
  • Options
    1000 mg, 500 twice a day. I am having a hard time getting used to how sensitive this site is and I am posting without my post being proof read. LOL. Sorry
  • Options
    I hope I am in the group that gets pregnant on the first cycle.  I just worried due to not getting a period that I am not ovulating but hopefuly I am and I get pregnant quickly.  Thanks for all the advice.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"