Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Please tell me this passes

Now that Mer can pull herself up in her crib she has a terrible time falling asleep. She used to just lay down to sleep happy (with her glo-worm) and then fall asleep in a few minutes. Now it's like she can't get herself settled. Does this pass and how can I help her settle in at night?

Re: Please tell me this passes

• yes it does. Once the novelty wears off she should go back to her old routine of falling asleep. It's a new trick and she's gotta practice!
    IAmPregnant Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It does pass.. The day DS turned 7mo. he started crawling and pulling himself up and it was about 2 weeks of difficult naps and bedtime before we finally got back into the old routine. I tried just laying him back down, but after having to go back in his room and lay him down 10 or more times I would give in and just rock him to sleep.  Finally one day I just let him fuss for about 5 minutes and he plopped himself down and fell asleep in the sitting postition. (see below pics)

Here he is after fighting a nap, I think I had gone in and layed him down at least 6 times

And here he is finally asleep...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMrs. S Wilson:

And here he is finally asleep...

That might be the cutest thing ever!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageimageimage
  • It was tough until DS learned how to get back down. After that, like pp said, the novelty wore off and he would go to sleep like normal.

GL

• I wish this phase passed quickly in our house. DD started pulling up at 8 months and just now at 10.5 months has the "novelty" worn off. She did crash in some terribly funny positions during that time though. She is also what I call a "yoga napper" and sleeps doubled over sometimes.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"