Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Debating about buying a bassinet for stroller

LO seems so hunched over in his car seat when we're out. I was thinking about biting the bullet and buying the bassinet attachment so he could be more comfortable during walks or trips to the park. But, that thing is not cheap. And frankly I don't know if I would use it after these first couple of months. Not to mention it's an extra thing to put in the car.

Do you have bassinet? Or do you just let your LO stay in the car seat?

Re: Debating about buying a bassinet for stroller

• Options

Maybe I'm in the dark here but I don't think I've ever seen a bassinet for a stroller...

LO sits in her carseat.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    LO has always been in car seat in the stroller or just the stroller itself We did have the little head rest inserts in the seat. When she got bigger, we still had the newborn insert in, and her head would hunch over. Once we took that out, she was back to head back.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have the Inglesina Zippy with the bassinet--we DO use it all the time for her and it comes in so handy.  She just sleeps in it when she's tired, and it's so convenient when we're out anywhere--she can comfortably sleep anywhere we go!  We even take it with us to hotel rooms when we stay over and it doubles as her bed for the night.  SO convenient for us, and she loves it.  To us it was very useful!
    Alicia Mrs. since 03.05.05 imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageMrsJerseyJets:
    We have the Inglesina Zippy with the bassinet--we DO use it all the time for her and it comes in so handy.  She just sleeps in it when she's tired, and it's so convenient when we're out anywhere--she can comfortably sleep anywhere we go!  We even take it with us to hotel rooms when we stay over and it doubles as her bed for the night.  SO convenient for us, and she loves it.  To us it was very useful!

We have the same stroller. Thanks for letting me know. Do you know what the weight limit is?

• Options
    imageM+K=3:

imageMrsJerseyJets:

We have the same stroller. Thanks for letting me know. Do you know what the weight limit is?

I searched for the weight limit but couldn't find it...I would think that they would actually grow out of it faster than they would reach the weight limit.  She's already starting to want to look at things all the time and she's getting very long.  But it's SUCH a huge help whenever we're out...she literally just passes out in it no problem and sleeps comfortably.  

Not only that but it looks so great--we get comments on it all the time!!  Makes it feel more like the old traditional prams, which I love.  Our Zippy was a 2008 (we got it right before the 2009's came out) and we got an awesome deal on the bassinet--got it at a local baby store where we were able to bargain the price of it--got it for $125!  So it was worth it to us!

Alicia Mrs. since 03.05.05 imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    RandZBRandZB member
    We have a Valco Baby Tri-Mode with the bassinet, and I LOVE it.  LO loves it as well, he doesn't like to be in the carseat unless the car is moving.  He's a big baby and likes to stretch out in the bassinet when we're out and about.  Another benefit is that the bassinet shade doubles as a carrying handle, and when we travel we just take the bassinet in with us and he sleeps in it.  No need for a pack-n-play or portable crib.  I love the look of the bassinet and use it all the time. 
    I HAVE CHILDREN.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"