Baby Showers
Options

Is it ok if I help with my shower?

One of my friends and my SIL are throwing me a shower in November. I love planning parties and want to help out with whatever is needed. Is it ok if I do the favors for the shower while the girls handle everything else? I was thinking of baking single serving pumpkin breads to take home, red raspberry or jasmine teas with ribbons and a candle for each guest to take home.  

I want to pick up hostess gifts for them as well and I have gotten some really awesome ideas on here.

Does anyone have any other favor ideas that worked well and got great response at their shower?

Re: Is it ok if I help with my shower?

• Options

it's up to your host(s). if they don't ask for your help with anything and you still want to do stuff, bring it up to them and let them know your ideas and that you're more than willing and would love to help out.  it's up to them, though as this is their gig.

BTW, I really love your favor idea! YUM!

• Options
    I think traditionally, the hostess would do the favors, but I know lots of soon to be moms like to help out with their showers. The main thing is to make sure that its all behind the scene type of stuff, that guest dont know what and how much you helped. You dont want to come across as being a hostess to your own shower. Good Luck and have fun!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm doing the same thing.. i'll be picking out the favors (except that i'm clueless on what to get -and i'm no baker)

• Options
    You can help as long as it's kept on the down-low.  Your guests should not know that you helped.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Options
    I hand made all the invitations for my shower. I wanted to do something crafty and my hostesses didn't mind at all.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"