Trying to Get Pregnant

More to Love

Who's watching it on Fox?  It actually looks pretty good and it won't make me feel bad for not being a size 2.  It's nice to see a guy that likes average women!

Re: More to Love

• I'm flipping between that and ghost whisperer.  I'm glad they are showing real women, but it'd be nice if they weren't making size the focus of the show.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • okay...so it sounded great...but now i'm not so sure.  why on earth do they need to include their weight at the bottom????  unnecessary.

• Loading the player...
  • There are too many things wrong with that show to list. What bugs me is the insinuation that big people need to stick together. I'm fat and I have never been attracted to big guys. There is only room for one fat person in the bedroom.
  • I watched it the night it first aired. I like it so far but I agree that they focus way too much on the weight thing. The whole episode was girls crying saying the same exact things about wanting someone to love them for who they are "on the inside". Kind of annoying after awhile
    IUI #1 and #2 = BFN
    IVF#1 = BFN, no frosties

IVF #2 = BFP!! TWINS!!! Born 3/9/12

FET #1 = BFP!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I agree that the weight is a bit much.  I also think the comments made by the girls are way to focused on weight/size.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageAbc15379:
    There are too many things wrong with that show to list. What bugs me is the insinuation that big people need to stick together. I'm fat and I have never been attracted to big guys. There is only room for one fat person in the bedroom.

Amen to that.

I am fat but M is average and that's how I love them. Just because I'm fat doesn't mean I love fat.

TTC #2 since Sept '16
    My Chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/28017b
    TTC #1- 3 failed rounds of Clomid/ Surprise Natural BFP w/weight loss- 9/22/11 DD 5/12
    DX. Dec '09 w/ Inappropriate LH Secretion Syndrom/PCOS/ Anov 28 months
    (Former username: xxbblueangelxx)
  • imageAbc15379:
    There are too many things wrong with that show to list. What bugs me is the insinuation that big people need to stick together. I'm fat and I have never been attracted to big guys. There is only room for one fat person in the bedroom.
    this!!! I'm quite fluffy and my husband is in amazing shape. I never was attracted to heavy men, lucky for me,my husband loves my curves. I think the show puts an over emphasis on weight. It's like they are making more of an issue out of it. An average sized woman would love that man too and vice versa
  • I honestly think the weights are shown for a couple reasons. One, so that people who say "Well she doesn't look that big, I probably weigh more than her..." will shut up. Also, so that women can relate. Like, "Hey, thats about how much I weigh!" Just my opinion.
  • imageAbc15379:
    I honestly think the weights are shown for a couple reasons. One, so that people who say "Well she doesn't look that big, I probably weigh more than her..." will shut up. Also, so that women can relate. Like, "Hey, thats about how much I weigh!" Just my opinion.

I hear that but they seriously showed their weight almost every time they showed the person in the first episode.  I kept saying the same thing "why does it have to be about her weight?!?!?!?" And a few times "there's no way she only weighs XX!"

I don't like the fact that it's so weight focused ... I'm ok with the name of the show and the idea but I just don't think they need to put the poor girls weight up there every time.  As a fat chick, I can honestly say that I would not be comfortable with my weight being up there every time they put my name up on the screen.  Then again I would never put myself on a show like that.

Our Journey to Brenden

IVF #1: 4/11(Follistim/Menopur/Ganirelix) 10 retrieved/8 mature and all 8 fertilized / 2 embies transferred ... nothing to freeze Beta 5/10 = BFN

IVF Take 2 Long Lupron July 2011

ER 7/3/11 (our 6th anniversary) - 8 retrieved/7 mature/fert ....ET 7/6/11 - 2 beautiful grade A 8 cell embryos

Beta 7/18/11 - 149!!! Beta 7/21/11 - 311 Beta 7/28/11 - 2,000 8/5/11 - Empty Sac 8/8/11 - There's a yolk sac and maybe a heartbeat 8/12/11 - Fetal pole, yolk sac, heartbeat 8/18/11 - Baby looks GREAT!
    3 babies waiting on ice

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• imageskinnursemandee:
    imageAbc15379:
    this!!! I'm quite fluffy and my husband is in amazing shape. I never was attracted to heavy men, lucky for me,my husband loves my curves. I think the show puts an over emphasis on weight. It's like they are making more of an issue out of it. An average sized woman would love that man too and vice versa

This! I feel like if just a few more reality shows just put more average people on them and didn't mention weight, it wouldn't be as much of an issue.

• imageshortms620:
    okay...so it sounded great...but now i'm not so sure.  why on earth do they need to include their weight at the bottom????  unnecessary.

This.. I'm a size 5 and I wouldn't want all of America reading my exact weight. I doubt many women would.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"