Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Opinions please: Scheduling the next LO

My little sister and I don't always see eye to eye, and frankly, I think she's pretty selfish a lot of the time.  She graduated from business school in May and was irked that I didn't go (a 9 hr drive) just because I had a baby 3 weeks prior.  Well, she's getting married next August, and made a comment how I wasn't allowed to be pregnant.  I told her, of course, I wouldn't miss the wedding, but I might be pregnant by then (I'll be 35, so I'm not messing around with spacing them out too much).  She was annoyed.  Should I really put off "trying" until after her wedding?  We were planning to "try" again after DS turns 1, so at most I'd be 4 mo preggers.  What say you?
BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Opinions please: Scheduling the next LO

• Options
    I really wouldn't allow someone else to control my reproductive choices.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Keshias Birthday 2012 046edit
  • Options

If at most you would be four months pregnant why would you not go to the wedding four months pregnant?

No i do not think you should plan your family around what others are doing. Plus as you know it could take a while to get pregnant.?

Photobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Don't let her control your life. You do what's best for you, your DH, and your DC.
  • Options
    No way, don't put off trying for a wedding!! It's one day!! There is no reason you can't be pregnant on her wedding day. I was just the moh at my sister's wedding and she had no problem at all with it. I wore the BM dress and looked cute (if I do say so myself ;-) That is a ridiculous request if you ask me. Don't let one day interfere with a major life decision like having another baby!!!
  • Options
    No you should not put off trying!  You never know what will happen and I think you would regret putting it off.  Your sister will get over it if you are pregnant.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I am kind of in the same situation.  My brother is getting married next July and we hope to get pregnant again in june or july.  If we do get pregnant before the wedding, we are just planning on not telling anybody.  I think it is selfish of her to ask you to not be pregnant for her wedding.  It's not like you are going to be 9 months along and miss the wedding because you are giving birth.  They make a lot of beautiful maternity gowns. 

• Options
    That would make me mad and I'd probably try to be pregnant then just to p!ss her off.  I can be childish like that :)  But really, she can't tell you you're not "allowed" to be pregnant.  That's ridiculous.  Do whatever you want and see what happens. 
  • Options
    I say your sister is a biotch.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Nope, I wouldn't wait. Especially if you'd only be 4 months.
  • Options

I wouldn't wait for sis' wedding, either. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    ha, with a sister that annoying i would def. try to be pregnant at her wedding. Just don't do what i did.. I was 12 weeks pg at my sister's wedding last November and I had not really told anyone yet and 1 week before the wedding i went to try on my MOH dress and realized it was so tight i could barely get it on! The dress wasn't made anymore bc we bought them like a year in advance so I had to try to get it altered (not very easy to make a dress bigger) like 2 days before the wedding..haha. Thank god it worked out or she prob. would have killed me :-)
  • Options

:( She'll understand someday... if she's lucky.

It's hard for people who haven't had babies to get how everything else really pales in comparison to your little family.  You do what YOU want.  Sis can grow up in time.

• Options
    Don't schedule your life around someone else's. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"