Indiana Babies
Options

C/S moms - a question for you

How were you feeling 1 1/2wks post C/S....emotionally/physically/mentally?  I know that the OLD "normal" me is in the past and I have to learn the NEW "normal" me that includes our sweet Owen.  But just curious where you all were at 1 1/2wks after your surgery.

Here's a pic of our little man:

Re: C/S moms - a question for you

• Options
    I obviously don't have any personal experience, just wanted to say hi and congrats again! Love the cute new pic!
  • Options

Owen is so precious!

At about 1.5 weeks, I was still pretty emotional...happy but still pretty tearful with the baby blues.  I was definitely still sore even though I was taking my pain meds.  It was so hard pulling myself up in bed from a sleeping position to sitting up...ouch!  I was t-i-r-e-d, especially since this is when one of his growth spurts of nursing around the clock occurred.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    TTC #2 since 9/09 --- mild PCOS; Endometriosis
    IUI x4 = BFN
    IVF = sometime in 2012
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I didn't have a c/s but Owen is adorable!!
  • Options

Owen is BEAUTIFUL!

At 1 1/2 weeks pp, I was an emotional mess and wasn't sure I wanted to be a mom. It has gotten a million times better since then!

As far as my c-section goes, I  physically felt almost back to normal by then as far as pain goes. I felt ready to drive (and did, two days shy of my 2-week mark - shhh!) and had enough energy to get through the day. I was also done taking pain meds at that point.

My best advice - which I didn't follow - is to give yourself a break, literally and figuratively. Allow yourself to feel however you feel, and know it gets better!

Pregnancy Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imageNDwife07:

Owen is BEAUTIFUL!

At 1 1/2 weeks pp, I was an emotional mess and wasn't sure I wanted to be a mom. It has gotten a million times better since then!

As far as my c-section goes, I  physically felt almost back to normal by then as far as pain goes. I felt ready to drive (and did, two days shy of my 2-week mark - shhh!) and had enough energy to get through the day. I was also done taking pain meds at that point.

My best advice - which I didn't follow - is to give yourself a break, literally and figuratively. Allow yourself to feel however you feel, and know it gets better!

This!

• Options

Thank you girls *hugs* :)

Love you all,

Peachy & Owen

• Options

very very emotional, especially because that's when we started having visitors and they were stressing me out.  It's also when we realized we were having serious BFing problems, so that didn't help my self esteem at.all.

One of the things that helped me the most was getting out at least once a day.  Most of the time, it was just walking up the street once or twice a day, nothing that really involved you know, makeup and looking decent, but just some sunshine and non-house air helped a lot.  And being active helped me heal quicker physically.

Also, try getting out to Target at least once and get yourself some cute new PJs.  Don't try to buy real clothes because they won't fit and you don't need that stress, but PJs will be about your old size and they're super cute and will help you feel better just having something that's not maternity to wear.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"