Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Morning sickness...all...day...long. Suggestions?

What have you done, or did you do, that helped?

Re: Morning sickness...all...day...long. Suggestions?

• Options

I had really really bad m/s around your point. To the point where they thought it might be the start of HG. What helped me a lot was ginger ale, water with lemon, watermelon, chewing gum, sour candy, and carbs. I literally ate anything that sounded remotely good even though most of it came back up anyways.

The good news is I haven't puked in a month now so hopefully the end is in sight for you too!

• Options

For me I eat every two hours and never eat a full meal.  I keep water crackers and animal crackers on hand always.  Gum helps me and gingerale helps me a lot! 

I've also noticed I get it right at 3pm every afternoon so I eat a little something right before and it helps.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    As horrible as it probably sounds right now, EAT. Keeping my stomach satisfied with ANYTHING that sounded good worked magic for me. My dr told me that eating period was far more important than not eating, and to worry about a balanced diet later on. If I felt like all I could eat was a cheeseburger that's what I had. It really helped. Just find something, ANYTHING, that makes you feel good and go for it!! Hope you feel better soon.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    oh and I got a prescription for phenergan which I sometimes take at night if it's been a really rough day. It makes me sleepy but it allowed me to keep at least some food/fluids down.
  • Options
    Tell your doctor!  I waited it out thinking it was "normal" and had it so bad I could not even sleep through the night without waking up sick!  Zofran and Phenergan were lifesavers for me!  I also ate lots of baked potatos!
  • Options
    Try drinking some Ensure. That really helped me with all-day sickness. Also, have you tried preggie-popps or other sour candies (jolly ranchers)? If I could edge it off in the morning, the rest of the day was not bad. The key is to not let your stomache get too empty.
  • Options
    What worked for me was ginger snaps. I ate so many of them that I can't stand them now!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"