Pregnant after a Loss

What exactly are Braxton Hicks? I am worried.

So for the past few days I have been experiencing these episodes of almost "charlie horse" like tightening on one side of my lower abdomen or side of my belly button throughout the day. They are not painful they are just tight and literally I can see a bulge then it stops.

I wonder is this BH? Is it baby movement?? I am kinda worried.

Should I call the OB?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What exactly are Braxton Hicks? I am worried.

• I got the same exact thing right around 16-17 weeks and I'm pretty sure it was BH. It just feels like a tennis ball almost on one side your belly button?? I know that BH can be spotty like that, only tightening in certain spots. When is your next appt? If it's not for a while I'd give them a quick call on Monday to ask or just ask next time you go. If it's not painful, you're not spotting, and everything otherwise seems normal I wouldn't worry too much.
  • I was having tightening in one spot like that around that time also. Sometimes it would hurt but not bad. Now I feel more of an all over hardness.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks Ladies - that is EXACTLY what I feel - and yes no spotting or anything...I did freak out and call the OB cause I have a 12 hour day shift tomorrow and I want to make sure I am okay - I think I overreacted haha...

Thank you so much!

• For me it started at my chest and works it's way downward. I have been experiencing them since Tuesday at my apt yesterday I told my MW and she examined me and I am already 2 cm and 75% effaced.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • HAHA she thinks I am a lunatic I think - she is like "you need to just stay hydrated and as long as it calms down after you eat and put your feet up it is okay"...

wow I am a worry wort.

• It's better to call than worry! Smile
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Haha it's okay they want you to call rather than sit and worry! Another thing with BH is that if you change your activity they should stop. I get them a lot when I'm on my feet all day. As soon as I sit on the couch with my feet up they go away. Or sometimes if I'm sitting all day, walking around helps ease them up. Water always helps too. Glad you could put your mind at ease!
  • Sound like BH to me.  I started getting them at 16 weeks with my son.  Try drinking a bunch of water.  Mine were always worse when I was dehydrated.  My OB told me that BH are totally normal, even that early.  I was only suppose to call if I got more than 6 in 1 hour after drinking a bunch of water.
    imageimageimageimageimage 9/07 m/c baby boy @ 18wks, 4/09 m/c @ 4.5wks
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"