Success after IF
Options

Baby turns himself completely around in crib?

He did it once at 4 weeks and again last night.  Usually it's just a quarter turn or a half turn.  We put up the breathable bumper.  My friend gave me one of those sleep positioners to try but he's too squirmy, I don't trust it.  Does anyone have this problem, if so, what do you do?  Thanks!
Our miracle IVF baby - D 6/09 & J - Surprise! born 9/10!!!

Re: Baby turns himself completely around in crib?

• Options

Have you tried swaddling or a sleep sack.  If his head movement is good, don't worry so much, he should be fine.

Health&Fitness Blog imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Our IVF miracles!
  • Options
    Yes, he was nicknamed houdini in the NICU b/c he would get himself unswaddled.  We use the swaddleme's but arms free - he's been able to get his arms out since 3 weeks (and he's a preemie!)
    Our miracle IVF baby - D 6/09 & J - Surprise! born 9/10!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Dd has been doing that for a long time even when we swaddled her!  Now we swaddle her with her arms free and she still turns a few nights a week.  I don't do anything about it becasue it doesn't worry me.  I've never found her close to the sides of the crib...just turned in the opposite direction.

Clomid M/C 8 weeks 2/08 *IVF #1-DD born 3/09
    *Surprise BFP-T18 baby lost at 13w 1/10 *FET #1-DS born 2/11
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Once they start moving, there really isn't much you can do about it.  If they have the strength to move, they generall have the strength to put themself in a good position.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I stopped using the sleep positioner a few nights ago (DS was getting too big for it and winding up with his head hanging off the edge in the middle of the night) and learned that my kid can scoot!  Every time I get him from his crib he's turned 90 degrees from where I put him.  He's swaddled when he does it, so lord knows how he manages.  I'm not really worried about it, though.

If you want to keep trying to swaddle I HIGHLY recommend the Woombie (www.thewoombie.com).  It keeps DS swaddled but he has more freedom than he did with the miracle blanket (didn't like pinning his arms to his side).  We love it and wound up buying 2.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Amber
    TTC since March '06
    MFI, LPD, possible PCOS
    3 chem pgs * m/c identical twins at 9w 10.06
    IVF w/ICSI #2 - beta - 187! (9dp5dt), beta - 367! (11dp5dt)
    IVF w/ICSI #3 - it's a girl!
    My IF Blog: Between the Lines
    My Parenting Blog: Letters From Your Mama
  • Options
    My personal favorite is when I find him with his head at the bottom of the crib and his feet at the top - short ways in the crib.  That means that he's scooted a full 270 degrees.  :)  We have a breathable bumper too.  And we nixed the sleep positioner when he was about 2 months old.  He was scooting to the bottom and then turning around!
    Allison
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"