Infertility

D&C question

Unfortunately, it looks like my pregnancy is not viable.  After great betas (3500+ at 4 weeks), this past week (week 7), my beta leveled off between Monday and Thursday (slight increase but nothing close to doubling) so they had me come in today (Fri) and it had basically remained level to Thursday (again, slight increase but nothing really).  My ultrasound still showed the sack & yolk with growth but my RE says we'll do a D&C on Monday b/c it doesn't look good.  

Has anyone on here had a D&C?  Were you able to do things afterwards?  I'm trying to decide what I do about work and if I should move some of my meetings on Monday afternoon to a different day.  TIA!

5 IUIs | 4 IVFs | 2 sweet little girls Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: D&C question

• I am so sorry for your loss. ((hugs)) For my d/c's I have always taken the rest of the week off work. For physical and emotional reasons. I was always put under general anesthesia and it was performed at the hospital. I never had a lot of pain afterward. Just some mild cramping and a little bleeding. My doc would always prescribe painkillers but I never needed to take them. You may want to move some of your meetings. Especially, if you are have the d/c on Monday since you won't be able to go back to work that day. If I were you, I would think of maybe taking two days off from work so you can rest.
    After many years and tears our baby boy is finally here
    Born 11-6-10

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Sweetie I am so sorry. I had a D&C with my 1st m/c and may have to have one next week with this one.  I did not feel anything as they knock you out for it.  I was put on bedrest for about 2 days and I believe I had Tylenol but I really did not have any physical pain afterwards.  I pray that you find peace and comfort God Bless...
    May 06: Natural PG= m/c, July 09: TI= m/c, November 09: TI=BFN, December 09: IUI= c/p
    IVF#1: start stims 1/26; ER 2/8; ET 2/13= BFN; FET#1: May 2010= m/c *NEW CLINIC Jan 2011* IVF#2: start stims 1/12; ER 1/22; ET 1/27= BFN; IVF#3: TBD
    ~SAIFW/PAIFW~
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm so very sorry for your loss.  ((HUGS)) to you!

Mine was on a Thursday and I went back to work on Monday.  (However, I do have Friday's off).  You'll need at least a couple of days.  So, you'll certainly need to move those Monday meetings to later in the week (or possibly the next week).

• I am so sorry for your loss.

After 2 rounds of IVF & 2 rounds of FET, we were blessed with identical twin girls!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • So sorry for your loss. I had a D&E and slept the rest of that day. I felt pretty good the next day physically, but was still pretty emotional. Take as much time off as you can.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • smileesmilee member

I am so sorry for your loss. :(

I had mine on a Friday, I took it easy on Saturday, and was pretty much fine by Sunday.  

I really was slightly crampy, but that was about it. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had mine on a Friday and went back to work on Monday.  I had been off since Wednesday and was ready to get my mind onto something other than my mc.

I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

• I'm so sorry. 

I wasn't working when I had my last D&C so I had as much time as I needed.  For my 1st one, I took the week off, mostly for emotional reasons.  I definately wouldn't plan on going back to work the same day.  I hope it goes as smoothly as possible for you.  ((hugs))

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I'm very sorry for your loss. I had one last month. I had it on a Tuesday, was out Wednesday, went into work on Thursday because I knew my teammate was off and stayed home on Friday. The whole time on Thursday I was wishing I was at home. I had terrible back pain/cramping Wednesday night through Thursday and sitting on my uncomfortable chair all day did not help it. Friday I felt a lot better and probably could have gone in, but it was nice to take it easy and veg out/recoup. Everyone is different though so you have to see how you are doing and take it from there.
    DX PCOS w/IR 01/08.
    Currently pg with our 1st after 6.5 yrs of IF (thank you IVF)

My IF/Everything Blog
    There's No Crying in Baseball
    ***My posts are always SAIFW**
  • i am so sorry for your loss.i agree with pp, 2 days off if you can do it is probably ideal. i had some heavy cramping after, but only for short periods of time.
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I'm so sorry for your loss. With my D&C, I took the entire day off but was back at work the following day.
    After 5 years of TTC, 3 IUIs, 5 IVFs, 2 FETs, multiple losses and an adoption that wasn
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"