Parenting after a Loss
Options

Not sure about having baby #2- your thoughts...

When I was younger I always wanted to have 5 kids like my family. Then I became a teacher and decided that I only wanted 2-3. Now that I have Taylor, I'm not sure about #2 or #3. I LOVE Taylor more than anything in the entire world but I go through stages where I want another one and then other times when I am totally fine with just one. I think DH feels the same. We have such a good life and Taylor totally enhances it. How do you all feel about more than 1? For those that have more than 1, when were you ready to ttc #2. I really want Taylor to have at least 1 sibling but I just don't know when I will be ready.

Re: Not sure about having baby #2- your thoughts...

• Options
    I love having two.  I love how they interact and play and love on each other.  We didn't even think about it until Gabe was about 15 months.  (I got pg right away but that was the pregnancy I lost.)  I was so excited for them to be close in age, but they still are (got pregnant again when he was about 1.5) ... they're 27 months apart and it's fun and fits us very well.  I really liked enjoying his whole first year the three of us, then seeing what we wanted to do.  Now we're contemplating #3 but I'm definitely giving Penny that time, too!  :)  It just works for us! 
  • Options
    we didn't even talk about having another one until ds#1 was almost 2. he was such a high maintaince baby that we really couldn't think about doing it all again soon after he was born. however ds#2 is a relatively easy baby and I'm already thinking about #3 but I don't think dh is
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I kind of feel the same way. I'm not 100% sure if I want another baby but also don't want E to be an only child. Nothing against only children just I grew up with 3 sisters and a brother and I would be lost with out them. I want E to experience the same stuff I did with my siblings. It is funny I LOVED E as a newborn and wish I had another newborn but not another child. Like I would take E again as a newborn. Make sense? I have a feeling I will change my mind when the time comes.
  • Options

I hadn't really wanted #2 unitl last month. Maybe just thinking how Andy was gonna turn 1 and not a baby anymore and all that. I'm totally ready for #2 but definitely not financially and not in our 2bdrm apartment. That makes it worse. Knowing that we'll wait till we buy a house and not knowing when that'll be. Makes me want #2 even more.

But when Andy was 3 months, like where you are right now, I definitely did not want #2! We were so happy and comfortable with just 1. We were just enjoying our one baby and giving him all the attention possible. So things change sometimes!

DS Born July 2008
    #2 & #3 Due 8/25/12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    imageimage
  • Options

I have the same feelings you describe often. DH insists on having 2 though and since I always historically wanted 3 or 4, I sometimes think 2 doesn't sound bad. Other times, I am completely "complete" with 1.

I've agreed to try for # 2 though. I am due for AF in a couple of days and then we'll go for it this month! If it works out, DD will be exactly 1.5 years old when DC#2 is born.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    dmsmthdmsmth member
    I know I want at least 1 more but I have all ready decided i really don't want to get pregnant again until she is at least a year old.  My sister and I are 19 months apart and for some reason anything more than that would be ok with me, anything shorter seems to short.
    m/c April '08
    DD#1 born June '09
    DD#2 born April '11
    TTC #3 as of July '14

My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    After my 1st son I wasn't sure I wanted another either. DS didn't sleep through the night until after a year, but gradually things got easier. Finally when DS was 2 I was ready to get pregnant again.
  • Options

For many of DD's first months, I swore up and down that she would be an only child.  Even a year after her birth the thought of another baby made me numb.  I was finally ready when she was 2.5 to start trying (I wanted to be finished with grad school first) and that was the baby we lost.  So, by the time DS was born, DD was almost 4 and like you, I wondered how another baby was going to effect our family dynamic.

I love having 2.  Seeing my children absolutely adore each other is awesome.  I never imagined it would be like this, since they are different genders and so far apart.  I can easily say that now that DS is here, he is the piece of our puzzle that was missing--our family was not complete until he was born. 

• Options
    We have been having a lot of issues w/ Karina.. some stemming from her reflux her schedule, etc.  For a while (from 2- about 5months) I was like do I really want another one... can i handle it.  In my heart of hearts I knew I wanted another one.  Now I am getting past that and feeling like I can do it.  So yeah, I would want a # 2 or even #3.
  • Options
    I always thought that if I had one kid I would have two.  So many of my childhood memories involve my brothers and it would be weird if they didn't.  I would want DD to have a built in playmate.  However, now I feel like I couldn't handle two.  I can't imagine having a newborn and another child.  Who knows, maybe we will have more and maybe we won't.  I know for sure that it will be awhile before I'm ready to think about #2.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"