Houston Babies

what to do, where to go?

Can you guys give me some ideas as to what to do with a 2 month old baby who is only happy when he's on the move?  He'll hang out in the Baby K'Tan for ages, so long as I'm walking around, but it's getting a little boring doing laps around my house.  (I literally got dizzy while pacing in my hallway yesterday.  Motherhood is glamourous.)

It's too damn hot to be outside for any length of time.  I would go shopping, but it's impossible for me not to spend money when I go and I don't need to make my family broke.  Where else can I go that's cheap/free and will allow me to wander endlessly?

Thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
BabyFruit Ticker
Amber
TTC since March '06
MFI, LPD, possible PCOS
3 chem pgs * m/c identical twins at 9w 10.06
IVF w/ICSI #2 - beta - 187! (9dp5dt), beta - 367! (11dp5dt)
IVF w/ICSI #3 - it's a girl!
My IF Blog: Between the Lines
My Parenting Blog: Letters From Your Mama

Re: what to do, where to go?

• Walk the children's museum or something else like it?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • hmmm I was going to say the mall, but that is shopping Unless you go and don't bring and credit cards, cash or checks with you. That way you won't spend any money. Children's museum is a good idea
  • Loading the player...
  • imagesomethingchangd:

Can you guys give me some ideas as to what to do with a 2 month old baby who is only happy when he's on the move?  He'll hang out in the Baby K'Tan for ages, so long as I'm walking around, but it's getting a little boring doing laps around my house.  (I literally got dizzy while pacing in my hallway yesterday.  Motherhood is glamourous.)

It's too damn hot to be outside for any length of time.  I would go shopping, but it's impossible for me not to spend money when I go and I don't need to make my family broke.  Where else can I go that's cheap/free and will allow me to wander endlessly?

Thanks!

my little guy is the same way!
  • library, museums (some are free or have deals on certain days), walk the tunnels downtown
  • i would go to the cam, holocaust museum, fine arts, funeral museum (that one smells AWFUL). etc. i used to go to all those when Addie was tiny and i was bored. i know i went to some other off beat ones but i can't remember which they were.
    -Clare
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I always just went shopping. If you don't want to spend, just carry $5-10 on you and leave the cards at home. You can also walk the mall before the stores open.
    - Jena
  • imagejen5/03:
    I always just went shopping. If you don't want to spend, just carry $5-10 on you and leave the cards at home. You can also walk the mall before the stores open.

i did this and now that T is bigger, i use it as a time where he can run around in a wide open space and not bother anyone.

find playgroups in your area.

museums.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"