Baby Names

5wks 2 go: What do you think of Avery Elizabeth?

5 weeks 'til my due date and DH and I can't make up our minds.

We have 2 names - Julia Marie and Avery Elizabeth

For a while I was leaning with the more classic name - Julia - mainly because a lot of people like it. BUT - this is my child and I think I still realy like Avery Elizabeth.

What do you think? Is it too trendy?

Note: we have a son named Jack and was thinking Jack and Julia sounds kinda lame together ;)

Re: 5wks 2 go: What do you think of Avery Elizabeth?

• I like Julia Elizabeth the best. Avery is very trendy. I don't like that name at all. It doesn't age well like Julia and will date your child. Jack and Julia are cute!
  • Julia Elizabeth is also in the running but DH isn't too crazy about it - don't know why. I'm a mess I wish I was 100% on a name
  • Loading the player...
  • imageDebbieH3:
    Julia Elizabeth is also in the running but DH isn't too crazy about it - don't know why. I'm a mess I wish I was 100% on a name

Julia Marie is nice too, but I just love Elizabeth.?

• I like all the names in any combination EXCEPT for Avery.

Julia Elizabeth

Elizabeth Julia

Elizabeth Marie

Juila Marie...etc

• EXL311EXL311 member
    I like Avery Elizabeth the best.  It is more popular recently but I would use it if you love it.
    Dee Dee DS Elijah Xin 3/11/05 DD Evangeline Mei 8/24/06
  • mbs07mbs07 member
    I like Avery Elizabeth!
  • I like Avery Elizabeth. If you think its too popular or trendy but that sort of thing doesnt bother you then go for it. 
  • Not a fan of Avery (makes me think spider killer).  And is VERY VERY VERY popular right now.  I like the other three suggestions.
  • Jack and Julia....yeah, that wouldn't work for me.  Avery is super trendy and nms, but if you like it, go with it.  Elizabeth Marie would be my choice of those names.
  • my friend (who is on the bump too) named her daughter Avery Elizabeth.  I like it, but it is trendy

• I actually like them both!!  Julia is pretty and not common these days (I am a teacher so I hear them all!)  and Avery is pretty too (on our list as well!) , but I think it is becoming more popular.  Good luck!
  • I really like them both. But since your son is Jack, I think Avery would sound less "matchy". They're both great names though-can't go wrong.
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• I LOVE Avery Elizabeth and you shouldn't be scared of being too trendy with a son named Jack.... 
  • imageHarms80:
    I LOVE Avery Elizabeth and you shouldn't be scared of being too trendy with a son named Jack....?

Jack is not trendy. Jack is a classic name that is popular. There is a huge difference between a name like Addison that became popular out of no where and Emma which is a classic name that is popular. ?

• I really like Julia Marie or Julia Elizabeth.

I don't care for Avery.  It strikes me as a very trendy name that will date very, very quickly. Kinda like Brittany -- peaked in the late 80s/early 90s and has been dropping fast ever since.

•  

I think Avery Elizabeth is beautiful. To be honest it is the exact combo we were thinking of ofr our second girl. Good Luck!

• I like Avery, I think it is adorable.  Personally, I would just worry that it would become dated since it is so trendy right now, but if that doesn't bother you I'd say go for it!  Avery Elizabeth is very cute!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I LOVE AVERY ELIZABETH.  That is a gorgeous gorgeous name..... I'm jealous that I can't really use it because our neighbors have a little Avery and I would feel weird using it too, but if I could, I'd use Avery Elizabeth.  Avery and Jack sounds great together! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"