D.C. Area Babies

So, DD rolled off our bed.

I must sound like the best mother today.  First a post about her cut up fingers, and now this. 

We have a king size bed, and I always put her in the middle of it while I am getting dressed.  Well, this morning she was in the middle of the bed as usual, and Wilson, our dog, was lying next to her.  I was getting dressed about two feet from them (our room is very, very small), and Wilson hopped off the bed.  She decided she wanted to go after him, so she rolled twice, very quickly, and I watched it happen in slow motion in the mirror.  I tried to grab her, but she hit the floor.  Luckily DH and I took the comforter off the bed since it's too hot, and it was folded up on the floor at the foot of the bed. She landed right on top of it!  She screamed for a minute, but then laughed at me right away, so I know she's ok.  Thank goodness for that comforter!!!

Re: So, DD rolled off our bed.

• Good thing the comforter was there, but this happened to us too.  Maggie was about 1yo and went to climb off the bed on her own.  Our bed is pretty high off the ground and we have hardwood floors.  She landed on her feet but the drop must have been too much and fell backward and hit her head.  I felt awful since I saw it happening but thought she was OK getting down by herself.
  • Wow, well, she's better off rolling off onto that comforter than my DD #1, who rolled off our bed a six months old right onto the hard wood floor.  OMG I was a freaking wreck.  I was crying harder than her.  Needless to say she was, somehow, fine.  ETA: the worst part was that I was sitting RIGHT next to her when she rolled off.  It totally does happen in slow motion.  I thought moms would have some kind of super-human reflexes, but I was wrong.  I was too slow.

Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageArtslvr:

Wow, well, she's better off rolling off onto that comforter than my DD #1, who rolled off our bed a six months old right onto the hard wood floor.  OMG I was a freaking wreck.  I was crying harder than her.  Needless to say she was, somehow, fine.  ETA: the worst part was that I was sitting RIGHT next to her when she rolled off.  It totally does happen in slow motion.  I thought moms would have some kind of super-human reflexes, but I was wrong.  I was too slow.

thank goodness i am not alone.  little man rolled off our bed when he was little.  then when he was sick one time i had been holding him all day and he finally was asleep so i put him on the loveseat, as soon as i sat back down, he stretched and rolled right off the couch.  he survived.  we have carpet in our house, but it's original to the house so circa 1980.  lovely.

• So sorry this happened! It is a good heads up for the rest of us, though, as my DD is really getting proficient rolling and it sounds like I need to be careful even on the big bed.

In your case, the bad news is for Wilson, as it sounds like Audrey is on her way to making his life more exciting. Is he ready for her to be mobile? Smile

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageemack:

So sorry this happened! It is a good heads up for the rest of us, though, as my DD is really getting proficient rolling and it sounds like I need to be careful even on the big bed.

In your case, the bad news is for Wilson, as it sounds like Audrey is on her way to making his life more exciting. Is he ready for her to be mobile? Smile

He is slowly getting used to her new movements.  :)  She loves to grab him and pull out his fur.  I try to show her how to pet him nicely instead, but I think she's a little young to grasp that concept.  He's being really great about it, but sometimes gives me a dirty look that says "Good thing you're watching me or I'd..."  I think he's in for a new lifestlye when she starts crawling.  He'll probably hide out in our bedroom all day so she can't get to him.  :)

• happened to us.  We ended up at the ER.  He was fine, but it was scary!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • wow, that's very scary! I'm so glad she's okay--hooray for the comforter being on the floor!

I guess that's one thing that DH and I don't have to worry about for awhile...we just got a new bed and all new bedding and we both agreed that Warner isn't allowed anywhere near it because he would spit up all over it! Wink (I know, we're mean...but the bedding is so pretty!)

• rnin02rnin02 member
    Something similar happened to me when Tony was only 3 weeks old, I fell asleep in the glider while nursing and he just went sliding off my lap...so scary. And ditto the slow motion thing. Thank god the blanket had bunched up near his head and the drop was relatively short.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"