High-Risk Pregnancy

Anyone with Mitral Valve Prolapse?

I asked this on the 2nd tri board, but thought I'd try over here too. I'm not really high risk, just thought maybe someone would be in the same boat as meI was just in the ER for mine. My resting HR is usually about 90-100, and goes up quickly with exertion. My BP is low, yesterday at the Dr. it was 102/52.I have definite mitral regurgitation and my symptoms (palpitations, fatigue, dizziness) have seemed to increase during pregnancy.I totally forgot to talk to my doctor about it yesterday, but have any of you heard how this may affect your labor and delivery?My MIL seems to think they'll "watch me like a hawk" and will push for a c/s. I don't want a c/s, but obviously if I needed one for whatever reason I would be okay with it.Any input??
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone with Mitral Valve Prolapse?

• I do.

I'm very similar to you. Resting heart rate is always over 100 and spikes easily. BP generally runs 90/60. I think you'll find that you'll feel a little better in the next few weeks. I had a really rough period from the first tri into about week 20 where it really bothered me. (racing heart, passing out almost daily) I'm doing better by increasing salt intake by a lot! and drinking a lot of water.

I've spoken with both my perinatologist and OB and they agree that it's fine for me to have a med free vaginal delivery if that's what I want. They are not pushing a csection on me at all. If I were to have a csection, I'd have to have antibiotics pushed through first so as not to cause further heart complications.

The good thing is that mostly it does not effect the baby. You might feel crappy since the meds to control it are unsafe to take, but baby is fine. :)

• Thank you for your input! It's nice to know I'm not the only one, and that our baby is okay!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"