Dallas-Fort Worth Babies
Options

Good news and some unexpected news from surgeons appt today

Good News: Colton is doing very well and has gained back over 1lb since Monday!!!! Awesome! He still has about 3lbs to go to pre-surgery weight.
Everything looks great and he's doing well. We thought we'd be able to add baby food but have to hold off for another 2-3 weeks and then only 1 jar (stage 1) a day for the first week and then increase a jar/day every week. Then once he's mastered stage 1 move to stage 2 and so on and follow the same plan. Not too surprised with that. Oh, and table food, yeah so far away and I can't even think about it. Still on EleCare (super $$ formula) and will be till about 18 months old or so.

Unexpected news: Surgeon said he would take tube out in 6 months and we hoped that if he did really well they would take it out sooner. Not so much. Gain back all weight that he lost, then steady weight gain for at least a solid 6 months and then we'll take out g-tube. So he said we're looking at another 6-12 months with this tube.

At first I was a little disappointed but I know that everything is for the best. Guess he won't have cake on his 1st birthday next month. BTW, we had 8 baby boys in my family last year from March-November so when me and my cousins get the boys together it kind of bothers me the things that they do but Colton can't.

Oh well, he'll catch up soon enough.

Re: Good news and some unexpected news from surgeons appt today

• Options

Yay for good news!

I am sorry he has to have the tube longer than you thought but it is for a good reason.

And YES, he will catch up and be a strong little boy soon. Try not to let it bother you... he is special and has had a long rough road. It will make him stronger in the end.

*HUGS*

• Options

I'm so glad that he is gaining weight!!  What great news!!

I'm sad that he has to keep the tube longer than expected, but I bet the time will go fast.  NOT the same situation, but Brady has been in his cranial band since February and the time as flown by so fast.  At the beginning, it seemed like such a long time and now we're down to the last 4 weeks! 

As for the cousin situation, it's tough but at least it's at an age where it bothers you more than it bothers him!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Glad to hear he gained some weight! I hope the next 6 months go by fast for you.?
  • Options

That is an awesome weight gain!!!

I know it must be so hard on you right now, but in a few years I'm sure you will look at him and have a hard time believing that he was ever even sick.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    That is EXCELLENT news!  I'm so glad that Colton is doing better.  He will up and running with all those other little boys before you know it!  :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    The Mouse ~ 06.12.08 | The Froggy ~ 02.23.11

• Options
    imageJessibell:

That is an awesome weight gain!!!

I know it must be so hard on you right now, but in a few years I'm sure you will look at him and have a hard time believing that he was ever even sick.

Ditto. I am so happy for Colton!

• Options
    Glad to hear about the weight gain and those next 6 months will fly by.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"