North Carolina Babies

Would you use used bottle nipples?

I've emailed someone about some Playtex drop in bottles on CL. Should I skip using the nipples, and just get new ones? I figured since they can be boiled/sanitized, it should be ok. But I still feel weird about it.

We need to change to fast flow nipples on all of our bottles (uh...actually should have done this a long time ago..oops), and the CL seller has several (I'm buying them regardless because we need more of the actual bottles too).

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

Re: Would you use used bottle nipples?

• I personally wouldn't use the used bottle nipples...I may feel diffrent if they were from a friend or something but I think I'd just buy new ones.
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I'm not buying all new ones for our Drop Ins b/c we have a ton of slow ones for Caylee.  But off of Craigslist, yeah I'd definitely get new nipples!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

My Sweet Girls

• Loading the player...
  • I threw out Ben's old nipples because I didn't want to use them for a 2nd child.  I wouldn't use used ones.  Turns out I'm going to need new bottles anyway due to the whole BPA issue.
  • Ok thanks... that was my gut feeling. Thanks for confirming it! Smile

• I would have to buy new nipples. They're not too expensive to replace and I would rather be safe than sorry.

• Probably not. I am saving all my old nipples/bottles for the 2nd baby though.

Is Holly drinking more than 4oz at a time now? I am sure she is, but I am bringing 3 boxes (2 of them are unopened, the other I may have only used 10 of) of the 4oz drop in liners to the GTG along with 3 bottles.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagedbertagni:

Probably not. I am saving all my old nipples/bottles for the 2nd baby though.

Is Holly drinking more than 4oz at a time now? I am sure she is, but I am bringing 3 boxes (2 of them are unopened, the other I may have only used 10 of) of the 4oz drop in liners to the GTG along with 3 bottles.

Yep...she's drinking 6-8 oz. Thanks!

• I would buy new ones. It's probably ok, but I think I'd feel better if I used new ones.
    image AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***Baby #3: BFP Mother

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"