North Carolina Babies

Do you ever miss it??

The very newborn stage? Reading GreenEyes post make me remember those first few sleepless weeks and I just look at Jocelyn now and don't even remember how bad it was. I am sure it was bad, but she just is so big now and doing such big girl things. I was just holding her and trying to convince her that she needed to pretend like a new baby right from the hosital and lay in my arms. None of this squirming, arching, trying to sit up stuff. Boo hoo. I know this year will go by so fast. When people say just to "enjoy it now" they really do mean it. She'll be 5 months tomorrow. Wahhhh.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Do you ever miss it??

• I don't miss sleep deprivation at all.  Who would?  Sleep deprivation is SO hard! But I do miss just holding DS all the time.  I am SO glad that I wore him a lot and held him all that I could back then because now I only get to hold him for a few seconds at a time before he's running away or trying to stick his fingers up my nose.  :P

Even though we nursed ALL THE TIME in the beginning and I thought it would never end, I do miss that time too.  It was a very special time and even though it felt like forever at the time, now when I look back it seems like it was just a little blip of time.

• NO!  Haha!!  I am NOT a fan of the newborn stage.  Yes, I might for about a millisecond miss the non-mobileness but the tradeoff totally isn't worth it to me.  :)  And maybe my feelings about this are so strong b/c our newborn stage lasted a looonnnggg time since Scott was 2 mos early.  There are moments that are really special to me that I'll never forget from the newborn stage but I'll also never forget how challenging it was too. I remember feeling like I'd never be a fully functioning human again ;)

Kim

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I have a few fond memories, but no I don't miss the newborn stage at all.  Liam was a miserable, miserable colicky cranky baby, and it was no fun!  He cried all the time and never slept.  He's very good birth control though because I can look back on our first few months, and it does not give me baby fever hehe! :)
    Rachel & Bill 9-10-05, Liam Andrew born 5-30-08 (formerly lakebride05)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I miss holding her like a baby, but that's about it!  I can't handle sleep deprivation... I was a mess.  I do miss having a baby in my tummy though!  I can't believe how much I miss that!
  • Maybe a little...Just recently Holly stopped falling asleep in my arms. I miss that a lot :-( She'd often fall asleep while we were rocking before bed, and then I'd put her down. Now she squirms and fusses and just wants to be put in her crib. I know it's for the best--I'm glad she can put herself to sleep. But I miss the snuggles. Crying She'll still snuggle some, just nowhere near like she used to.. She's a big girl now... sniff..sniff.

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• I miss the snuggle time and definitely the time nursing her but other than that I'm happy with where we're at now.  She's so much fun!

I do get to start the sleep depreviation thing all over again though in a few short months -- I'm sure I'll be wishing it to go faster and then missing it later again :)

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I don't miss it yet.  My LO still loves to be held and worn and we still BF.  He is on the smaller side so he is still cuddly.  The first month was so hard that I don't miss that.  I'm still going through sleep deprivation and I'm so ready for him to sleep.  I know I will miss the new born stage one day but not now. 
  • No, I don't miss it and it's because of the sleep deprivation.  I am so not looking forward to that again in 7 weeks.  But I just keep holding out hope that Caylee will be different and sleep feeding to feeding cause Camryn sure never did. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

My Sweet Girls

• Not at all. Life with a colicky newborn was miserable, plus I think I may have had some PPD and didn't bond really closely with Maddie for a couple of months. I will say that I've forgotten most of it, but I still remember how tired and sick and sad I was most of the time. I LOVE this age, every day seems to get more and more fun.
  • There are things I miss, like looking down at BabyHill asleep in my arms and he'd do one of those random sleep smiles (I melt just thinking about it).  I miss the sweet gummy smiles and little hiccups and the way he used to wave his arms around before he got control of them.  I don't miss the sleep deprivation and crying without telling me what's wrong (oh wait, I still get that - it's called TERRIBLE TWO's).  I don't miss the helpless/clueless feeling that I used to have with a newborn.  And I certainly don't miss the "Am I doing it right?" question I constantly asked myself. 

We won't be having any more kids; partially because I can't see ever going through that newborn phase again.  I was just telling my mom this morning that I think every stage BabyHill gets to is my favorite, everything just keeps getting better and better as he gets older.  It's amazing watching this kid grow and figure out how to do everything; best time of my life and wouldn't trade it for anything.

• NO! I dont miss the NB stage at all! I LOVE him with all my heart and did then too but it was SO hard! He was never really cuddly.....so I guess thats why I dont look back on it that way....although I do miss being able to know where he will be if I leave the room for a millisecond!

• Maybe I am biased because Jocelyn was/is an excellent baby. She slept from feeding to feeding and I can count one hand the amount of screaming fits she's ever had. We are ready for #2!!

I guess I am thinking about this because I just got 50 prints to start a scrap book, starting with her in the hospital, and she was so tiny!!

• I have to side with those who had a difficult time in the beginning.  DD was not colicky, but had reflux so the first few weeks were a merry-go-round of "where will C sleep tonight?"  We had an only-in-the-pack-n-play phase, then only on one of us, then only in her swing, interspersed with a few nights in her carseat or stroller.  I had medical issues after her birth that caused me to have problems with my blood sugar and I even blacked out a couple of times.  Not to mention dealing with after-birth hormones and learning to BF.  I enjoy looking at her pictures and if I could hold her again as a newborn I would, but to go back to that period would be terribly difficult.

We do plan on having more children (if that works out for us) but I need a little more time for the edges to soften on my memories of having a newborn!  Big Smile

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"