Working Moms

Daycare- labeling question

How do you label your child's items for daycare? Do you just write their name with permanent marker on the tag (like for blankets,sheets, clothing)? What about little things like pacifiers?

Thanks!

Re: Daycare- labeling question

• I've gotten great labels at mabelslabels.com. they have clothing labels (I think they are called taggies) and then labels for bottles, cups, etc. They stay on unbelievably well!

• I use the inchbug labels for DD's bottles and then I put a round sticker with the date on it on  the caps.  Her bibs, clothes, blankets, etc just have her initials written in a sharpie on the tag.  I tried to put her initials on her paci but it rubbed off so now I just use a paci clip.  I have never had a problem with her stuff getting mixed up with any of the other children's.  Her teacher is pretty good about remembering what belongs to each child. 
  • Loading the player...
  • We use mabel's labels too.  They're great!
  • I bought a brother label maker to put her name on bottles, etc.  For her paci, I just put her initials on it with the label maker.  I don't label her clothes but I might have to start since right now the boys outnumber the girls and she's the youngest/smallest, but some new babies- all girls- are starting soon and all the older babies but one are getting moved up.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I just write directly on the item or tag with a sharpie.  I actually wrote DS' name directly on his blanket in huge letters because when DD was an infant I got tired of getting someone else's  blanket on Friday when everything came home to be washed.  I don't care about ruining the fabric because I have specific stuff that is for daycare only and who really cares that it has a big name written across it?

For pacifiers I write directly on them as well.  But that does not work the greatest I will admit--Sharpie is NOT truly permanent and does come off in the wash.  Ditto for his bottles--I am constantly having to re-write his name on them.  If I weren't quite possibly the cheapest mom on the Nest, I would totally love to have some of the labeling items the other mom's have suggested!  But now that he is on the end of using these items, I can't bring myself to get them.

• we bought labels from namebubbles.com.  They have a daycare package with different sized labels.  They are dishwasher/microwave/laundry safe.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • i have the inchbug labels for his bottles (they are great) www.inchbug.com and i just ordered labels for his clothes and bowlsand utnesils from www.namesbubbles.com,  they are laundry and dishwasher safe.  i got tired of constantly using tape.  they make some thin enough for the spoons.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"