Infertility

RE didn't know why I was there (Main Line Fertility)

When I got there they called me up to the window to ask what my appointment was for and whether I got my period last cycle!  I told them yes.  I'm on CD13.  The doctor put me on femera this cycle.  I'm here for my bw & ultrasound.  Apparently some how this stuff wasn't in my chart. Confused

So they saw me and I met with a really great nurse that I have never met before. 

I discovered that I could have had IUI on the 4th of July last month.  I missed it because the doctor told me not to take OPT on the 3rd leading me to believe that if I O'd on the 4th no one was available for IUI anyway.

And I told the nurse that we have only been doing IUI because my CM was thick from the clomid.  I asked if I might not need IUI now that I'm on femara.  She told me that we would do IUI anyway because DH's count is low.  No one mentioned this to me before!  Another Confused

The RE office is so frustrating.  I am working on asking every little question that comes to mind with them regardless of how trivial it seems or how quickly they try to rush me out of there.  Obviously if I don't I'm going to keep missing important information.

jailbirds Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: RE didn't know why I was there (Main Line Fertility)

• That is awful.  You are paying way to much money for them to have these kind of communication issues.  
    Beautiful Miracle Baby lost at 21 weeks due to pre-term labor and incompetent cervix. FET#1 BFN, FET#2 BFP, early loss. FET#3 BFN. IVF#2 BFFN. FET #4 BFP after removing bilateral hydrosalpinx and 3 months of lupron depot. Sticky Bun is here!! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I agree with Echloe.......I'd either have a serious conversation with that nurse you like and request her from here on out or look for a new office honestly. They're going to end up missing something HUGE that could be a matter of getting pg or not....

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • That's terrible! Maybe you should think about trying to find a new RE. IF is stressful enough. You need to be able to trust your doctor. Good luck! 
    Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • I've just had some very similar experiences/ feelings at my RE's office...like I'm going to miss my chance each cycle if I am not on top of everything because they don't seem like they are. *sigh* I'm looking into switching RE's.

Crazy thing is, I just compared SART scores and my current RE is seriously #1 and has GREAT scores. How can they be that good when just stepping foot in their office feels me with so much anxiety and dread?!?

We are adopting! Currently waiting for our domestic infant adoption match.

My blog: Making Me Mom

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
  • I am so sorry - that is so upsetting.

I go to main line fertility - who do you see?? 

• imageJackieMac824:

I am so sorry - that is so upsetting.

Dr. Orris. 

Do you have these issues also? 

The nurse I saw today who was wonderful was Lisa.

• I also go to Main Line Fertility.  I see Dr. Glassner.  There have been times when I haven't met with him after a monitoring appointment, but I always got a call.  That is weird that you're getting rushed around like that.  Which office do you visit most of the time?  I usually go to Bryn Mawr but have been to all 3 at some point or another.  And I had Dr. Orris do an IUI for me when Dr. Glassner was on vacation; I found him very patient with me.  I hope you can correct things!  Definitely speak up and let them know it's a problem.
  • I have always gone to the West Chester or Paoli offices.  I've never been to Bryn Mawr.

Dr. Orris never calls after the monitoring.  For example my femera script was relayed to me through Nicole.  I went in today and saw Lisa and the ultrasound tech.  Lisa will call me later today with the blood work results.  I will see a dr. for the IUI. 

It's very frustrating. 

One time I saw a woman leaving and as she was checking out she said, "So....are we going to just assume that my levels are back down to zero?"  The young dark haired nurse replied, "Um, yes."  And Dr. Orris just happened to be standing there and overheard and he said, "That's a good idea.  Why don't you come on back and we'll do a blood draw and check that out."  Tongue Tied

• imageRuby_Tuesday:
    imageJackieMac824:

I am so sorry - that is so upsetting.

Dr. Orris. 

Do you have these issues also? 

The nurse I saw today who was wonderful was Lisa.

No I do not have those issues - I see Dr. Glassner out of the Bryn Mawr office and I have never felt rushed - but I felt like that before at my old RE office so I know what it feel like.

• That is horribly frustrating and irritating that you didn't find out things until just now. Keep asking your questions!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"