Snarky and T-TTC

Re: Fun stuff

• Indifferent

i can't go through another Y2K-like paranoia.  can't.

• Don't worry - the movie 2012 is coming to theatres in November LOL Starring John Cusack

• Loading the player...
  • imageSerendipitie:

Don't worry - the movie 2012 is coming to theatres in November LOL Starring John Cusack

talk about an elaborate PR stunt. 
  • I'm blondish so please explain. What is an elaborate PR stunt?
  • At least they've picked themselves a date. It's good to have something to do after the world ends in mass chaos.

• imageSerendipitie:
    I'm blondish so please explain. What is an elaborate PR stunt?
    a publicity stunt.

like maybe the studio is starting this hysteria for the movie release (they're probably not of course).

like blair witch project. i worked at the santa barbara film fest and we got to see the movie before the hype (before sundance). the programmers that had watched it were freaked out beyond belief b/c they thought it was real. sounds ridiculous now, but the filmmakers did a really good job of making it seem real. right down to the letter they wrote when they submitted the movie. it was incredible. i didn't watch the movie then b/c it freaked me out how much everyone was freaked out by it. i was like no thanks.

i doubt that's the case here but i can't believe there's a movie about this. 

• Ahhhh - Got it. This blog post could be a PR stunt. Yep, there is a movie. Saw the preview before Transformers. I don't mind the movie - the Aztec calendar does end, etc. but I think it's funny that someone is going to put their lives on hold because they believe it is a possibility. Any one of us could be hit by a bus tomorrow. Really cruel irony would be if they survive 2012 and then they have to deal with IF.
  • imageSerendipitie:
    Ahhhh - Got it. This blog post could be a PR stunt. Yep, there is a movie. Saw the preview before Transformers. I don't mind the movie - the Aztec calendar does end, etc. but I think it's funny that someone is going to put their lives on hold because they believe it is a possibility. Any one of us could be hit by a bus tomorrow. Really cruel irony would be if they survive 2012 and then they have to deal with IF.
    yup. my thoughts exactly.

i know one of the goals in marriage is unconditional love, but this would disturb me if my H said this to me. i get that they might want to wait, but this reasoning is kind of weird. i would be like wtf did i get myself into.

we were married in 2005 and we were all "we're waiting 2 years" when people would ask about the kids - i think back and i feel like an idiot. acting all high and mighty, as if we actually had some control over it. some people do, but we didn't.  still don't.

• omg they're talking about 2012 on npr. wtf?
  • Yeah, I know that feeling - the lack of control. Most people don't havw the control even if they think they did. They don't have control - the universe does. There are many people that are able to get married, procreate and live their lives, but that was not really in their control. Just like the people with IF, the families with children who have medical conditions, the families who los their children from SIDS, or the child who lost a parent, there is no control. You do what you can, and you accept the rest the best you can.

And btw, the "relaxing and letting it happen" advice is just a crappy strategy to pretend you are in control.

• imagebuenaestrella77:
    omg they're talking about 2012 on npr. wtf?
    Are they discussing the crazies that are waiting to have kids?
  • imageSerendipitie:

Yeah, I know that feeling - the lack of control. Most people don't havw the control even if they think they did. They don't have control - the universe does. There are many people that are able to get married, procreate and live their lives, but that was not really in their control. Just like the people with IF, the families with children who have medical conditions, the families who los their children from SIDS, or the child who lost a parent, there is no control. You do what you can, and you accept the rest the best you can.

And btw, the "relaxing and letting it happen" advice is just a crappy strategy to pretend you are in control.

wise words my friend. a good summary of one of the things i've learned through this process - letting go. letting go the thoughts of control. i just do what the dr. tells me, what's in my gut and then i see how it all turns out.
  • imageSerendipitie:
    imagebuenaestrella77:
    omg they're talking about 2012 on npr. wtf?
    Are they discussing the crazies that are waiting to have kids?
    they're reading letters from listeners who are pissed that they did a story about the end of the world in 2012. i guess people think it's hysteria.
  • Interesting - there is some fact to why it's even come up, but I guess those people don't believe in Aztec's
  • whoa.

I've personally never heard of this 2012 doomsday stuff. 

TTC#1 Chart
    TTC#2 Chart
    IUI #1 - #4 (repronex trigger) = BFN
    IUI#5 on 10/28/2008 ** BFP 11/10/08 ** EDD 07/21/09 *** It's a GIRL (07/14/09) AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    med/treatment free BFP 06/28/10. EDD 03/05/11 *** GIRL #2 (02/23/11)
    beta#1 @ 17dpo = 1296 .... beta#2 @ 19dpo = 3034
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    it's the Bug and Baby Belle!
  • Penn & Teller just had an episode on their show Bullshit about 2012. The conclusion was... its bullshit.
  • Everything is bullshiit according to P&T
  • The History Channel did a thing on Doomsday predictions last year - a special on 2012, talking about how the Mayans or Aztecs (I'm woefully ignorant and get them confused) developed their calendars and how the wars of the gods were supposed to end the cycle of calendars in the whatever cycle, and they didn't know what would come next (who would be victorious?), so it stopped then, which happens to coincide  with 2012 on our calendars.

Then there was a Nostradamus thing, and some of the quattro's can be interpreted as major events in 2012.

Then talking about previous doomsday predictions that never came to be . . . very interesting.

Gabriel Ross - August 24, 2009 * Vivienne Rose - May 1, 2012

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My Blog

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"