Houston Babies
Options

Galleria Area Childcare

Hi there! My hubby and I are expecting our first baby in January. We are exploring our options- nanny, day care, in home day care. I work in the Galleria area, hubby works in the Heights and we live in Rice Military/ Memorial area. If anyone has any recomendations for childcare in those areas I would greatly appreciate it!  I will be returning to work when baby is 8 weeks so we need a facility or home that takes infants.

Thanks so much!!!

Re: Galleria Area Childcare

• Options
    I haven't looked in the Galleria area too much (mostly because I prefer NOT to drive through there at rush hour if I can help it) but I know Memorial Lutheran on Westheimer takes infants.  I haven't toured there yet, and I don't have my notes w/ me so I can't tell you what they said about waitlist or class size or any of that, but I do remember infants are $1000/month.   https://www.mlchouston.org/
    My big boy is bounding towards 4! Baby brother coming in October!
    Hipster dog is not impressed.
  • Options
    One of my coworkers had her LO at a daycare called Avalon Academy (just west of DT).  We went to look at it - it wasn't the fanciest place, but it was an option, and reasonably priced.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I work in the Galleria area but unfortunately didn't do much daycare research around here.  I do pass Kompany Kids occasionally.  I don't know much about it but here is the website.  Good luck!

https://www.kompanykids.com/Locations/Houston/tabid/468/Default.aspx

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

i live in the heights and my son goes to esperanza. a SAH so he has been in the MDO program but they recently cancelled it for fall (grrrr) so he will be in their full time program. all the people i know who have had kids in full time at esperanza have liked it. apparently, all the kids who go to daycare and then preK there get in to the gifted and talented programs or private schools they apply to.

there is also gonzales daycare in the heights on rutland. i have several friends who sent their little ones there as infants, but a couple moved them when they reached toddlerhood for more "educational" schools. still, they were happy with the care they got as babies and i do have a couple friends who kept their toddlers there.

a good resource, started by a heights mom, that i always post is www.kidcareyears.com

kipling street academy in montrose gets rave reviews from friends of mine as well, although it may be too much for your commute.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"