Washington Babies

So, MIL just called.

She asked me, "It's definitely not twins, then?"  

Um, no, just one baby.

So then she asks, "Are you sure?"

Yes, I'm sure. 

I'm thinking to myself, "Uh, yeah, I'm sure.  I'm almost 38 weeks pregnant.  I think we'd know by now if it was twins."

And then she says, "Oh, so it's just one giant baby."

I would have said something nasty (believe me, I was thinking something nasty), but I really don't think she knows any better.  This is the same woman who, when DH commented that this baby really likes cheeseburgers, asked with surprise, "How do you know???"  (DH responded, "Morse code, Mom.")

Re: So, MIL just called.

• Look at Evie and her cute new pics!! Love it!!

Regarding your MIL, ugh...just rude. Seriously...since she is the mother of your husband, I'm assuming she's familiar with pregnancy, no?  I'm not sure how anyone thinks the "are you sure it's not twins" comment is ever appreciated.

You are better than me for holding your tongue!!

• Niiiiiiiiice. It's fascinating to me that Harlane has so much tact.

• Loading the player...
  • KNemoKNemo member
    I've seen you. You're not that big. You look fantastic. She can go purchase a clue, or look a more pregnant women!
    The only Easter Bunny I can get behind.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Maxwell Joseph 4/09 Lucy Violet 10/12

• *facepalm*

why are mother's-in-law so weird & ungodly rude? especially after we have given them a grandchild or two??

• Maybe she's jealous that you're a super cute pg gal. I bet she was hideous. ;)
  • WOW...   I dont even remember how many comments from strangers I got asking if I was sure it wasnt twins... Ok, Im not a cat, this is not a litter, of course I know how many babies I'm having!!     I've decided that for my next pregnancy I am going to tell people that its actually triplets, so they will think I'm small =)

I love the Morse code comment though =)

imageimageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image . Ice Ice Binky Formerly FutureMrsLynch
  • Oh gosh, what a loon! I like the Morse code comment too.

That reminds me of when I was in Tmobile yesterday, and when the person who was ringing up my stuff asked all the "normal" questions of how far along I was, etc...her co-worker who was male asked if it was my first. My reply was yes. He then replied, "It's going to hurt really really bad." The nice girl told me she would punch him for me. I left saying nothing, but what I really wanted to say was, "Really? I thought it was going to be so easy and painless! But I am sure you have so much experience because you have pushed a child out that you know EXACTLY how it feels!"

• imagecoribecca:

This is the same woman who, when DH commented that this baby really likes cheeseburgers, asked with surprise, "How do you know???"  (DH responded, "Morse code, Mom.")

A.  Classic

B.  Evie breaks my heart she's so cute!

• Ahh, your MIL.... You so are not having a huge baby.

And Evie is just so freaking cute in that picture!!!

• wouldn't you think that women who have already had babies would know better? on the airplane coming home the flight attendant kept asking me if I was sure i was only 6 months pregnant and how she was pretty sure there was another baby in there that the doctor hadn't seen. She even asked all the people around us!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"