Indiana Babies

really stupid question. don't flame.

If you change your baby's diaper and then s/he immediately poops again, do you typically change him/her again right away or wait a little bit?

Seriously, I'm asking.

Pregnancy Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: really stupid question. don't flame.

• When A poops, we always give him some time...it can take him 10 minutes to get it all out :-) (sometimes more!)  I'll wait a little bit (10 minutes ish) and change him, but he also doesn't complain that his diaper is dirty (I would change him if he did, I think).

:)

• We have about a 5-10 minute grace period.

The first time is never all of it. It took us a couple weeks to really learn that. The first rumble is only a sign of the storm to come most of the time with Paige. :-)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • k thanks...that makes me feel better :)
  • imageBrendaK:

The first time is never all of it. It took us a couple weeks to really learn that. The first rumble is only a sign of the storm to come most of the time with Paige. :-)

lol so true

• I always changed her again right away. There were times that we had to change her 4 times in a row b/c she kept going!! Thankfully now that she has matured, we haven't had a poop episode like that in a while. (i probably just jinxed myself)

Now, I also have waited to change her poopy diapers if she was asleep...that may be flame worthy. I never wanted to wake her up!

Also, isn't is wonderful how much time you spend thinking and talking about poop?

• imageTariega:

Now, I also have waited to change her poopy diapers if she was asleep...that may be flame worthy. I never wanted to wake her up!

So not flame worthy!  We wouldn't wake A up either! :)

We also don't change A if he's wet unless it's time to eat.  We just change him before every  meal, not in between unless he poops.  We do it this way because that's what the hospital did, and he's always clean when he eats.  The good news is, we only go through about 6? diapers a day :-)

• Oh yeah, we stopped waking Ella up to change her diaper. I figure, if she's comfy than I should be too :)

The funny thing is, since we stopped doing that, her diaper rash has gone away. Huh.

• imageNDwife07:

The funny thing is, since we stopped doing that, her diaper rash has gone away. Huh.

Do you think the wipes (either what's in them, or the wiping motion, I'm not sure) contributes to the diaper rash?  I don't even use wet wipes on A when he's just wet..he's never had diaper rash!

• imagelemen99:
    imageTariega:

We also don't change A if he's wet unless it's time to eat.  We just change him before every  meal, not in between unless he poops. 

That's what we do too! Although I don't change it at night when she wakes up to eat...she isn't sttn yet (i know, stupid 11 lb myth) but if I change her diaper before I nurse, it wakes her up too much.

• imageTariega:
    imagelemen99:
    imageTariega:

We also don't change A if he's wet unless it's time to eat.  We just change him before every  meal, not in between unless he poops. 

That's what we do too! Although I don't change it at night when she wakes up to eat...she isn't sttn yet (i know, stupid 11 lb myth) but if I change her diaper before I nurse, it wakes her up too much.

Same here. We didn't change him during the night...tried to keep all interaction to the very minimum!

• when he was a nb, he'd poop 3x in like 5 min, so I'd generally wait to see.  but generally, i change him immediately - poop or pee.  I consider that a benefit of cloth - I don't see dollar bills going into the trash every time he makes a mess in his pants!
    Jen & T.J. 6.17.06 BabyBlog * my chart *
    Joseph Henry was born at home on March 9, 2009
    Nora Mae was born at home on October 30, 2011
  • imagelemen99:
    imageNDwife07:

Do you think the wipes (either what's in them, or the wiping motion, I'm not sure) contributes to the diaper rash?  I don't even use wet wipes on A when he's just wet..he's never had diaper rash!

I just use cloth wipes with water on them, and always do front to back....so I hope not! It was really juyst the first week that she had a rash. Maybe it was the sposies in the hospital! ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"