South Florida Babies
Options

**jackie (coco) and mari**

I know you guys go on vacation to the gulf coast a bit- Marco Island and Siesta Key- where do you guys stay? 

Peter and I want to take a short vacation, about 3 days, and we don't want to spend a ton of money.  Any suggestions?  We'er looking at spending no more than $600 on total hotel stay.  Is that feasible?  We just want something *extremely* clean and comfortable.  Preferably on the beach!  I'm not sure if we're asking for too much for too little $$. 

tia!

Re: **jackie (coco) and mari**

• Options

:::butting in:::

Try Sanibel or Captiva I've been there a bunch of times and right now everyone had hotel deals!! There are villas on the beach and it's really nice and relaxing. 

image image

• Options
    imageMrsLeanna:

:::butting in:::

Try Sanibel or Captiva I've been there a bunch of times and right now everyone had hotel deals!! There are villas on the beach and it's really nice and relaxing. 

ooh thanks!  do you recommend a website to go through or any places you recommend? 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Most of the condos at Siesta Key are weekly rentals.  We have found that Palm Bay Club offers day to day rentals.  However, I think that they would come out to a bit more expensive than your budget.. but look into it!  If you want to stay on the beach, especially with Abby, and the stuff you have to tow w/ her, I recommend staying in their Tower.

Also, Naples is very nice, and def w/in your budget!  We've stayed at the Naples Grande, a Waldolf Astoria hotel, and for $99/night!  Super high class hotel, great price.  Has all the amenties.  Only downside, is that the area directly behind the hotel is a nature preserve, so the beach is actually a 1/4 mile fromt he hotel... but they offer free shuttles (via large golf carts) to the beach, constantly.  And great pool too w/ a beach entrance for Abby!

-- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagecocojack10:

Most of the condos at Siesta Key are weekly rentals.  We have found that Palm Bay Club offers day to day rentals.  However, I think that they would come out to a bit more expensive than your budget.. but look into it!  If you want to stay on the beach, especially with Abby, and the stuff you have to tow w/ her, I recommend staying in their Tower.

Also, Naples is very nice, and def w/in your budget!  We've stayed at the Naples Grande, a Waldolf Astoria hotel, and for $99/night!  Super high class hotel, great price.  Has all the amenties.  Only downside, is that the area directly behind the hotel is a nature preserve, so the beach is actually a 1/4 mile fromt he hotel... but they offer free shuttles (via large golf carts) to the beach, constantly.  And great pool too w/ a beach entrance for Abby!

ooh jackie, i'm going to check out the naples grande.  thank you!!

• Options

excuse me for butting in but david and i (and baby of course) are going to marco island for labor day weekend and our hotel is $500 for the entire stay (fri - mon).

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34420-d217423-Reviews-Marco_Island_Lakeside_Inn-Marco_Island_Florida.html

#1 place recommended by travellers on tripadvisor.

• Options
    imagekvwerne:

excuse me for butting in but david and i (and baby of course) are going to marco island for labor day weekend and our hotel is $500 for the entire stay (fri - mon).

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34420-d217423-Reviews-Marco_Island_Lakeside_Inn-Marco_Island_Florida.html

#1 place recommended by travellers on tripadvisor.

ooh!!  thank you :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"