Working Moms
Options

Oh, yeah and somewhere in all the below insanity...

We've managed to replace my car (yippee!!), hire a housekeeper, replace a broken toilet in our downstairs bath, get a new vacuum since ours is dying, and go halvsies on a carpet steam cleaner with my sister.

Much of this spending was delayed until I went back to work, but we had the money aside for it, and had to get as much done this week before the Mass sales tax goes up tomorrow, but still. ?I have stimulated the economy a farking LOT this week.

Oh, and just used code S2DSE to buy some christmas presents and next summer clothes for DD at Children's Place - entire site is 25% off.

My wallet needs a rest now.?

Re: Oh, yeah and somewhere in all the below insanity...

• Options
    Whoa baby ... that's a lot to do all at once (even if you have the money set aside).  I hope things calm down for awhile now!
  • Options

Did you get the Subaru?

Myself? I'm about to drop a Gap/Old Navy order with a 30% of friends and family coupon, and it's not going to be pretty.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagenoonecarewhoiam:

Did you get the Subaru?

Myself? I'm about to drop a Gap/Old Navy order with a 30% of friends and family coupon, and it's not going to be pretty.

I did get a 2009 outback :0), and I adore it. ?The rebates and deals on new 2009s before 7/31 made a new one cheaper than a slightly used one, so I have my very first ever brand new car, which is weird.....I never thought I'd buy new.

I love driving it, it's great. ?And we have SPACE!!! ?No more road trips with stuff piled up around DD! ?

I have that coupon too, and I'm trying not to use it.?

• Options

We're on our second Subie (first one was a lease--I know, bad MM decision, but DH is a car guy and knew features were coming from Japan that he would want). LOVE it. And with how snowy last winter was, we wouldn't have made it out of our driveway without AWD. We don't have the wagon, though, just a hatch.

Gap order at $260 before coupon. I'e lost 25lbs since #2 came home--he's a maniac--and I have few clothes that look decent. New bras were the biggest budget-blasted, as I'm an odd size (34 DDD apparently is a freak size--few places carry a band size that small with a cup that large).

• Options

I hear you on the clothes thing. ?I'm about 15 pounds away from target, but nothing fits right. ?Nothing. ?And I don't feel like buying anything either. ?

I think $260 before coupon is not bad. ?I only have an in-store version, is there an online version?

?

• Options

$192 after coupon, thanks in part to Cook County's 10% tax rate. Grrrrrr. The one I had works in store and online. But man, T-shirts for $7 and sleeveless blouses for $8.75 isn't bad at all. Plus new black pants (not only are mine too big, but they're 6 years old and getting that greenish tinge) and 2 pr. pants for DH.

Hardly any kids stuff, though--I get TONS of hand-me downs, and DS#1 grows reaaaallllly slowly. At 4, he's 38" and 31 lbs.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"