Preemies

New Here-Intro w/ ?

Hi!  My name is Kelly and my LO was born at 34 weeks exactly on April 17th.  I have been lurking here often and you all have been a wonderful resource!  

My daughter spent 19 days in the NICU(mainly for feeding issues).  She will be 15 weeks tomorrow.  My concern is that she still sleeps ALL the time.  Some days she'll have a little wake up time in the morning and then a little wake up time in the evening. Otherwise she'll sleep all day! She even eats and sleeps at the same time!!!

Shouldn't she be having more wake up time by now?  Since she sleeps so much she isn't getting much practice with those developmental milestones.

She also still has her hands in little fists a lot of the time.  When should she relax those?  It's driving her crazy that she can't get her thumb!  

I think this preemie thing is really hitting me now.  Believe me it hit me hard in the NICU too.  But, then she came home and it was like she was a newborn.  However, now she does not seem like a 3 1/2 month old at all!! 

Thank you for your help! 

Re: New Here-Intro w/ ?

• It's hard not to stress over every little thing they are doing/not doing, but make sure you adjust her age when you are looking at milestones.
  • My dd was born at 34 weeks as well.  I stressed about all of those things in the beginning.  I would tell stangers her adjusted age instead of actual because I'd get the questions about what she's able to do.  All she did was sleep and eat.  I've started to finally relax over the last couple of weeks because DD is hitting huge milestones one after another now.  It seemed to take her forever to do things, like roll over, smile, laugh.  Now she does them all the time and has started sitting on her own.  She even lifted up the sippy cup to drink from it last night for the first time.  I feel like she's grown 2 months in a weeks time.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"