Georgia Babies

speaking of naps

For the past few months, Caroline's naps have been awful.  She will maybe sleep 1 hour in the morning, and if I'm extremely lucky, 1 hour in the afternoon.... usually its 30-45 minutes.  I was thinking she is just ready to be on 1 nap a day, but when i try to keep her up through the morning she just falls asleep in the car, or keeps laying down on the floor, etc.  She is sleeping 12 hours at night, so maybe that's just how she is?  Any advice on the 1 nap transition?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: speaking of naps

• My ped told me to keep him up an extra hr or 2 in the morning and then to put him down for the 1 nap. She said gradually over time that nap will get pushed back and start to last longer. I have not tried this yet b/c C has still been taking his 2 naps, but this is what I will try when he starts protesting the morning nap.
    Colin Patrick-7/14/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • K&P414K&P414 member

Tess went through a phase for about a month where she did the exact same thing and I also thought she was moving to 1 nap a day.  But after about a month she's back to 2 naps, about an hour in the morning and 2 hours in the afternoon.  I kind of just went with the flow since she wasn't cranky with the 2 short naps and like you said, she was sleeping through the night.

Right now our schedule is Sleep from 8:30p-9:00a, nap 10:30-11:30, nap 3:00-5:00. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"