Baby Names

Middle Names?

How many middle names do you plan on/gave your children??

My DS has two and so do I and my husband and our siblings.  People have commented on the fact that two is too many and I thought that it was weird.  I guess because I have two.

What do all of you think??

Trying to Conceive Ticker Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Middle Names?

• I think two is unnecessary. I don't know anyone with two middle names.
  • I think if there is a reason behind it, do it. My best friend just named her little girl Mia Claire Autsoko Lastname. The Autsoko is to honor her husbands grandmother and Mia Claire was the name they loved. If it has meaning, go for it. Seriously, most people don't even know my middle name, how often do we really use them?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagejohannaknip:
    Seriously, most people don't even know my middle name, how often do we really use them?

This was my thought exactly when people were commenting on two. 

Trying to Conceive Ticker Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I know several people with two middle names and its never bothered me. Most of them are a combo of family names and names they loved or wanting to honor more people than two names would accomodate.

I think multiple middle names can sound very sophisticated when done right.

imageimageimage
                                     **DS 12/17/10** **#2 Due 2/14/15**

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I wanted to have two middle names (my original middle name and my maiden name) when I changed my name after getting married.  The California DMV told me no, that I could only have a first, middle, and last.

:(

I think as long as all the names aren't a gazillion syllables, it's fine!

• I think is it fine, as long as it all goes together. 
  • MrsCFBMrsCFB member

to each his/her own.  i can think of legitimate reasons why someone would give their child two middle names - religious reasons, honoring family, etc.

i plan on giving my future kid(s) one middle name.

• imageOctoberCAPA:

I wanted to have two middle names (my original middle name and my maiden name) when I changed my name after getting married.  The California DMV told me no, that I could only have a first, middle, and last.

:(

I think as long as all the names aren't a gazillion syllables, it's fine!

That's weird they told you that at the DMV. My DD had her 2 middle names, her maiden name and her married name put on her license. They go to the second line if the name is too long.

• I have 2 mn's. I have my own first name, I'm named after both my parents and have my husbands last name. I love it
  • My husband and I each only have one middle name but if we have a boy he will have 2 MN's. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"