Austin Babies

**bobcatsteph**

Just saw Joyco's cute baby in the helmet and was curious what you ended up deciding for Caroline. I didn't know the flat head thing was so common.
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: **bobcatsteph**

• of course I lurked.  I'm curious too, Stephanie, what did y'all decide??

And Faon--flat heads are very prevalent in: boys, preemies, multiple births and breech babies.  Three of which fit Cooper.  The therapist is sure the flatness started in utero--Spencer's legs were on Cooper's head for quite a few months.  Poor baby!

now I'll leave, but I'll be back to see what Stephanie says!

• Caroline's 4 month pedi appt is on Tuesday and we are going to talk it over with her pedi then. I'm going to ask for a referral for a second opinion if she thinks it's needed and we'll go from there. Like I've said before, if Caroline's case was more severe and if there was assymetry in her face, we would go with the band without a doubt.

Cranial Tech said that Caroline's flatness most likely started during the birthing process. She got stuck in the birth canal and I pushed for 3 1/2 hours. She was also 1 hour and 43 minutes from being considered a preemie so her head may have been softer and more malleable than a baby that was born farther along. Then she had to spend 48 hours in the NICU flat on her back, which didn't help the situation.

They also said this condition is much more common since the putting a baby on their back to sleep campain started.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"