Phoenix Babies

Desert West OB/GYN

I've seen Desert West OB/GYN recommended on here a few times and am trying to decide between them and Arrowhead OB/GYN.  Arrowhead has ultrasound and labs done in the office.  Does Desert West?  I just don't want to be going to that nasty lab place while I'm PG.

Also, how does it work that they have several offices?  Do you have ONE Dr. that sees you at ONE office?  Or do you have to see everyone in the practice and it doesn't matter which practice you go to?

I've always seen a GP, so finding an OB/GYN is stressing me out!  I really wish I had established a relationship before thinking about getting PG.

TIA!

Re: Desert West OB/GYN

• KadyraKadyra member
    I used to go to Desert West when I was in med school, but changed ob's when I moved for residency.  I saw one person at one office.  They may have you see a couple other docs to make you comfortable with other people, since your doc may not be delivering you if he/she isn't on call.  I'm not 100% sure though.  It's been since 2005 when I was last in their office.
    Photobucket Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • imageASUBride:

I've seen Desert West OB/GYN recommended on here a few times and am trying to decide between them and Arrowhead OB/GYN.  Arrowhead has ultrasound and labs done in the office.  Does Desert West?  I just don't want to be going to that nasty lab place while I'm PG.

Also, how does it work that they have several offices?  Do you have ONE Dr. that sees you at ONE office?  Or do you have to see everyone in the practice and it doesn't matter which practice you go to?

I've always seen a GP, so finding an OB/GYN is stressing me out!  I really wish I had established a relationship before thinking about getting PG.

TIA!

I go to desert west. For the first US to establish a due date, etc, you have the US there. For the "big" one, you go to women's fetal center (which is very far from a nasty lab) and you get to see your baby in 3d. Along with measuring and everything, they give you a cd with all the pics, and a dvd of the baby as well.

I've only seen one doctor (DeSalvo), aside from once when he was delivering a baby and I needed to come in. I've seen him at the thunderbird office, and the one off the 101 and thomas. They go to different offices different days. I love love love Dr DeSalvo.

Sidenote, I did not want to deliver at arrowhead hospital. All I've heard are horror stories from mom's who have delivered there.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the feedback!  I've also heard some scary things about Arrowhead...

What about urine, blood and non-stress tests?  Are those done in office?

I've had to have a lot of lab work done recently for other health issues and had some bad experiences in third party labs and thought I'd be more comfortable with an OB/GYN office that does it all in one spot.

• imageASUBride:

Thanks for the feedback!  I've also heard some scary things about Arrowhead...

What about urine, blood and non-stress tests?  Are those done in office?

I've had to have a lot of lab work done recently for other health issues and had some bad experiences in third party labs and thought I'd be more comfortable with an OB/GYN office that does it all in one spot.

Urine is done everytime you have an appt. I only needed blood work done once and was sent to sonora across the street next door to tbird hospital. It's a nice office. The only NST I had was in the hospital after hours when they told me to go in, so I'm not sure if it's done in office or not. I don't really see where else they'd do it though....I've never been to an OB that did bloodwork in the office, but I guess I only have been to a few different places.

Just go, and go to dr desalvo. He's awesome!

Is it weird that I'm AWing my OB? hah!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • LOL!!!  Love the pic.  Thanks so much for your responses.  I've heard wonderful things about Desert West and Thunderbird - now I'm excited!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"