Austin Babies
Options

diarrhea while teething?

DD has had diarrhea off and on for 3 days now.  Today when I picked her up at daycare, they said she had been fine all day and it seemed to be gone.  Since I picked her up she is constantly going.  She doesn't seem sick or uncomfortable.  I thought I remember hearing that it can be teething related.  Anyone have any ideas?  She has a bad rash from it so I'm doing the best I can to control that also!  I feel so bad for her! TIA!

Re: diarrhea while teething?

• Options

That happens to little dude sometimes when teething.

We've gotten him on probiotics (almost daily, but mama forgets). He did end up have butt fungus and we had to put lotramin (sp) on his bottom for a few days until it went away.

Good luck. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yes, teething can cause that. Teething can really mess with a lot of things besides the mouth! Have you tried Triple Paste for the diaper rash? It is the best thing that I've found. You can find it at CVS and BRU.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

DS's pedi said no, that teething shouldn't cause diarrhea OR fever. ?That said, he's had diarrhea pretty much every time he's teething. ?Fun stuff, right?

Ditto fjaril on the Lotramin in case she (your DD, not fjaril) gets the butt fungus. ?We also gave DS a lot of naked time to let his bum air out.?

the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

lots of naked time! I liked the little twigg and burt's bee ointment :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Logan doesn't get so much diarrhea, but he does always get a NASTY diaper rash when he's teething.  Something about the excess acidy saliva that they swallow?  Not sure, but we've used Boudreaux's which sometimes works (not usually on the really bad rashes though) or Johnson's medicated (I think it's the same as Triple Paste, but not as $$).  Sorry - I know it's miserable!  I hope it passes soon!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"