South Florida Babies

**mari,victoria, dawn, katherine**other moms of 8+ months

How long do your babies nap during the day?  We have our days that Abby will nap 3 hours total (a half hour nap in the morning 2 1/2 hour nap in the afternoon) and then we have other days where she just REFUSES to nap and it's maybe 2 half hour naps. 

I bought the no cry nap solution and I'm hoping it works, but she just won't sleep and she will fight it. 

I just need to start working on her falling asleep on her own before I get huge and it's too hard for me to carry her to the crib fast asleep.. plus, the kids gotta learn how to sleep on her own!

Re: **mari,victoria, dawn, katherine**other moms of 8+ months

• For me, this really depends on what we have going on that day. When we are home all day, she usually takes one looooong nap after lunch (like 2 hours) and then that's it until 730 bedtime.

When we are out and about (which is every day lately since I'm trying to enjoy every minute before I return to work), she naps in the car. When I get wherever we're going, I sit in my car and play on my iphone until she wakes up. Days like this, she'll take several short naps in a day.

I put her in her crib awake and give her a paci when she's cranky. She's used to it- so she usually goes right to sleep but sometimes I have to let her cry or fuss it out.

I think it's time you let Abby cry. :-/

• imageMariM:

For me, this really depends on what we have going on that day. When we are home all day, she usually takes one looooong nap after lunch (like 2 hours) and then that's it until 730 bedtime.

When we are out and about (which is every day lately since I'm trying to enjoy every minute before I return to work), she naps in the car. When I get wherever we're going, I sit in my car and play on my iphone until she wakes up. Days like this, she'll take several short naps in a day.

I put her in her crib awake and give her a paci when she's cranky. She's used to it- so she usually goes right to sleep but sometimes I have to let her cry or fuss it out.

I think it's time you let Abby cry. :-/

:-/  it's totally my fault (still!!) that she's not napping alone.  i just like cuddling with her.  it's the only tmie she lets me!  i know, i know, such a bad habit.  arg.

• Loading the player...
  • Jake is a horrible napper! He goes down fine but used to take 30 minute naps to the minute until about two weeks ago. So his old schedule was 3 30 minute naps a day.

Now he has dropped the 3rd nap and only takes 2 naps a day. He usually takes at least one 1 hour nap, sometimes it's 1 hour and 15 minutes. The second one is either also 1 hour or 30-45 minutes. So naps sort of getting better but still no where near what I'd like and hear other babies doing!

The best thing to do is try to figure out how long to keep her up before she needs to go down. Jake does great on the 2-3-4 hour schedule. His first nap is 2-2.5 hours after he wakes up, the second is 3 hours after he wakes up from first nap and then he goes to bed 4 hours after his second nap. HTH!

• Zachary is a pretty amazing napper. Just like his mom and dad, if you let him sleep, he will sleep as long as he likes. :) If we're up early he wakes up in the morning around 7 or 7:30 but he has been known to sleep in until almost 9am! lol!

Anyway, he will nap for about 1.5 to 2 hours in the morning, and then nap again for about 2 to 3 hours in the afternoon.

However if we're out and about he'll catch naps in the car or stroller or just whenever he can.  He is pretty good but he does get cranky sometimes.

Good luck to you, Jenny!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: SIREN.ORG!

• ditto Mari, it depends what our schedule is like.  If we're home, then things go a lot smoother.  If we go out, then it gets messed up.

He's starting to sleep more than an hour in the morning.  But it used to just be 45 mins or so which never bothered me because he just got done sleeping 11 hours at night. 

Then in the afternoon he'll sleep another two hours.  It's gotten a little weird since he's dropping the third nap. 

I really like the No Cry Sleep Solution.  She has methods to extend naps if you need/want to.  And lots of tips help put down drowsy awake.  It's good that you're starting it now before your tummy gets in the way!  :)

Andrew was doing really great before this last teething and runny nose thing started.  (I can see 5 teeth just under the gums plus the one that finally came through!)  He was more himself today and had a good nap.  He went down tonight without any trouble.

We've never had to CIO.  He does fuss a bit to himself as he's going to sleep but it's not crying. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am bad influence...lol. Cuddle all you want, soon she will no longer let you hold her. I take naps ( when I am off and on weekends) with Diego in my bed since I love, love to sleep (nap only) next to him. Sofia is still hold until she falls asleep and I will do it for a long, long time....lol.

I used to let Diego cry it out in a few occasions and they worked but I changed my philosophy regarding schedules and routines after that. Its very different now and both my kids sleep really good. ( I guess they take afeter their mom...lol)  

Barbie 

• Joshua definitely has his good days and bad days. Yesterday for example, he slept a totaly of 1 1/2 hour divided into 3 30 min naps. Some days, he will take a 45 min nap in the morning and then a 1-2 hr nap in the afternoon. With my mom, she puts him in the crib asleep and if he wakes up crying, she picks him up and lays in bed with him and he usually will go to sleep again for a little while longer.  On weekends, he doesnt nap as good, probably b/c david and i are with him. we put him in his crib asleep with his tete.  I am one of those who also needs to start working at trying to get him to fall asleep on his own. I am a bad example!!! I never let him cry. and at night, if he wakes up at like 2am in his crib, he goes into bed with us. But its what works and david nor I have a problem with it.

GL!!!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"