North Carolina Babies
Options

NBR: Bloom grocery stores?

Has anyone shopped at a Bloom grocery store before?  One is coming to my area and I am curious about it.  Their website (www.shopbloom.com) markets them as a totally different type of grocery store, but I am not sure exactly how it's different.  They haven't even broken ground for our store yet, so it's probably going to be quite awhile before it opens.  Is it worth getting excited about?

Re: NBR: Bloom grocery stores?

• Options
    I haven't heard of it but it sounds very interesting.  I like this idea, although it would have me worried about those not so honest people out there. 
    My sweet boy :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    They're putting one in Cary too and I am curious about it. They have broken ground, so if I get there before you do I'll let you know how it is!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I know I've heard of them, but I can't remember why they are so special either. Where is one opening near you?
    Catching up on sports news...
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

There's one coming to Morrisville too. It's Food Lion's "nicer" chain, from what I understand. I'm looking forward to checking it out, but I don't really know any details about it.

I want to say Starz shopped there, in SC?

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• Options
    Yay, Morrisville is close to me.  It sounds very interesting, I would love to check it out.
    My sweet boy :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagemurph04:
    I know I've heard of them, but I can't remember why they are so special either. Where is one opening near you?

They're putting one across the street from Riverwood on Pritchard.

• Options
    We have one in CLT close to our house.  We went when it first opened and it was nice, not very different though.  It got crappy fairly quickly though, just like all the FL's around here.  Same owners.
  • Options

eh, it's ok.  just a nicer, more expensive FL as some of the PPs have said.  it's laid out differently so you can really shop the perimeter for fresh things.  that being said, i don't care for how a lot of it is laid out, it's really inconvenient IMO.

the personal scanner is more of a PITA from my experience than anything and doesn't save much time at all.

Baby Charchie born 12/22/2011
  • Options
    imageMrsHughesNC:

There's one coming to Morrisville too. It's Food Lion's "nicer" chain, from what I understand. I'm looking forward to checking it out, but I don't really know any details about it.

I want to say Starz shopped there, in SC?

Wow, you have an amazing memory!  Yes, I shop occasionally at our Bloom.  They have a great selection of veggies and fruits that aren't at all the other grocery stores.  I love the self scanner.  It's awesome and makes checking out a breeze.  They do run good specials though and they send out coupons and fliers a LOT.  That's one reason why I went there a lot for a while...I always had a coupon for $10 off $40 purchase (or something along those lines).  The bakery and deli are great too.  It's a speciality grocery store and the prices do reflect that. They also have a make your own 6 pack area for specialty beers.  I have friends that do that quite often.  I really like it.  Ours is kinda out of the way so when I do go there then I have to make a special trip, but it's worth it sometimes.  The one I go to is still sparkly and pretty and it's about 4 years old.  Still looks new to me.  I'd say that it's something to get excited about but it won't totally change your life or anything Stick out tongue

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Went to one in VA Beach (near my BIL's place) - was very nice!  I think he thought it was pricey but we found it to be no more expensive than Harris Teeter here.
  • Options
    I think its comparable to Lowes Foods.  Its nicer than Bi-lo or Food Lion but nothing to rave about.  They do have a lot of stuff I will stop in for if I forgot my lunch in the prepacked area in the deli.  The southwest chicken salad is really good, they have soups that are great. 

Like Charch said you can shop the peremiter and miss most of the processed foods. All the ones I have been to are really nice and clean.
  • Options
    There is one coming to Wake Forest too....right near my house, it's exciting!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"